Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Derelict Retford | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Derelict Retford

dyllon_1998

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey, I was on my way to Retford train station today and I was truly shocked by the towns abandoned buildings. I counted over 16, 2 of them being extremely large schools with easy access (King Edward VI Grammar School and Lorne House School). It's a shame I didn't have my camera with me, or I'd of snapped a few photos :banghead . If any of you are into large derelict buildings, Retford town in Nottinghamshire is a great spot for them. Literally, there's at least one of them every corner you turn. I walked around the perimeters of a few of the buildings, and none of them had a guard in site what so ever. If you're travelling down there, be sure to check out the old building in Ollerton on Main Street, just across from The Hop Pole and The Snooty Fox. It's only a 15-20 minute drive from Retford. It has some stunning forest views as well. I hope I've let you know of some new locations to explore, have a safe travel.

dyllon_1998

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No, I live a while from there. I go down to Nottinghamshire most weekends to see the other half of my family, often popping into Retford on Sunday for a few hours before catching my train back. I know the area very well however.