Web
Analytics
Report - - derelict war house, winchester, may 2018. | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - derelict war house, winchester, may 2018.

johnny gomez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
found very little history on this, may have purpose built or converted from a previous house. apperantly used as a headquarters for the army in the first world war, the temporary camp at Morn Hill is at 1/2 a mile away, where troops stopped on their way to France. aswell as the house there is a sturdy brick building and a couple of barns,

explore,
a bit of a hike around fields on the hottest day of the week,came across a mountain of manure giving that lovely delightful smell , i got a strong stomach but ... bloody hell

the house..well constructed but all the floors have fallen thro,

out buildings

this one has been cleared and in use by local farmer

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gonna have a hunt for this the weekend - bit concerned why someone would need so much caustic soda??

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Johnny, I've got a bit more time to find it before then, scoping google maps at work isn't bearing much fruit!

Jahalabad

28DL Member
28DL Member
I looked for this place on Google maps, within 30 mins I had found it and went to visit with some friends, everything is still as is in the photos above (as of 10th August 2020) and the location is easiest to get to by bike. The surrounding buildings including the metal silo are used by a local farm to store empty fertiliser and chemical barrels, other than that it is apparent that no local farmers access the war house or old barns since there is no agricultural vehicle access so we had to cut our own way through the nettles and undergrowth to get to it.
The war house itself has 50% of the upper floors fallen through and collapsed but all of the supporting walls are still intact.

If anybody would like the exact location and recommended path to get to this abandoned war house near Winchester then just send me a message on here (you will have to make an account on 28DaysLater to do so if you haven't already).