real time web analytics
Report - - Derwent & Spondon H (Celanese) Power Station | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derwent & Spondon H (Celanese) Power Station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Did you go inside at Derwent? We walked into the control room and the TV was on with no sign of whoever was watching it.

No, I wouldn't mind a nosey in there to be honest, but from a reccie about a year ago we were aware that security are based around there, probably in that building, so we gave that one a miss. After reading about your 'adventure' there, I'm glad we didn't try - a repeat of that isn't something I'd have liked!

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
No, I wouldn't mind a nosey in there to be honest, but from a reccie about a year ago we were aware that security are based around there, probably in that building, so we gave that one a miss. After reading about your 'adventure' there, I'm glad we didn't try - a repeat of that isn't something I'd have liked!

It was definitely exciting.. But I'd happily not have to do it again. I've been back a couple of times since to check if the power was off yet. Last summer the transmission gear wasn't live any more, so maybe the power is off now, I'm not sure when you went.

Have you by any chance had a look at Kings Lynn or Peterborough?

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
I've been back a couple of times since to check if the power was off yet. Last summer the transmission gear wasn't live any more, so maybe the power is off now, I'm not sure when you went.
My last visit was quite recent, and the power was still on.

Have you by any chance had a look at Kings Lynn or Peterborough?
I've reccied Kings Lynn, but wasn't aware of Peterborough. Will look into that, thanks :)

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looked at lings lynn a couple of times. Looks proper tight. There is another 20 mins up from it towards Lincolnshire too.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Looked at lings lynn a couple of times. Looks proper tight. There is another 20 mins up from it towards Lincolnshire too.

Which ones that theres so many CCGT closed, closing or supposedly closing i cant keep track!

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes thats the one, if you fail there is a shit hotel nearby. Really shit, I didn't even bother getting my camera out.