real time web analytics
Question - - Dewsbury/Batley Beck (Monument/Transporter) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Dewsbury/Batley Beck (Monument/Transporter)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all
Has anyone been here before (see pic below) ???
This feature in the centre of the pic is a view of Dewsbury/Batley beck near Savile St. (Have a look on google)
Hoping to do Transporter at Dewsbury in the near future but found myself doing a bit of research on the upstream part of the beck and found this curiosity.
Been for a look in the car today and its not accessible from overground . A pathway looks like it leads there from the north of here but was gated and locked and the tiny car park next to it was very busy.
Screen or processor ??
Any ideas ??

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It's a debris screen upstream I think there was also a small CSO there, it's been years now, will see if I can find old pics

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for getting back to me @Ojay
Would be nice to see some pics if you can dig them out
Can u remember if its passable or not....don't want to drop in 200m upstream and find this is the journeys end. Thinking them grills will put an end to any expo in either dirtection

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Normally they are engineered to allow man access, so there may be a manhole grille, that can be lifted and opened, but most likely padlocked. Anyway, one to look at when safe to do so.

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Normally they are engineered to allow man access, so there may be a manhole grille, that can be lifted and opened, but most likely padlocked. Anyway, one to look at when safe to do so.

Hi @pastybarm
just wondering when that will be ...seems ages on lockdown now and there is also some debate on here whether its safe to do so or not

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Indeed, it is a how long is a piece of string scenario, but I feel it is better to err on the side of caution, and not risk breaking an ankle or slipping and falling in a drain and burdening the emergency services at an already trying time. This one is still going to be here for later in the year, not telling you what to do, but if it was me I'd wait it out, and take a look a few months from now.