real time web analytics
General - - DID IT EVER EXIST IS IT STILL THERE (Smugglers run).. SS3 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - DID IT EVER EXIST IS IT STILL THERE (Smugglers run).. SS3

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DE-eVOLVED

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Could they be ammunition runs? Maybe even open to air at some point.

Thats kinda what I am hoping .... I went to Red Brick an hour or so ago thre were 3 areas dug up 2 were shallow with nothing the other was covered over with broken up clumps of tarmac....so come night fall.......later tonight... I am gonna dig the 1st foot of it up... A simple out line of a manhole etc will be fine.....failing that I can only imagine the tunnel entrance lies within the copounds of red bricks perimeter..... Also I managed to get a 64 page ordinane survey with maps and most local streets its pdf so gonna print it off for cues as well as any relative sites that may be hidden and of similar interest.

Peter30399

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've been looking into the history of Shoeburyness, and heard the story/myth about the RED BRICK HOUSE at the end of Elm rd. The story goes that there was a tunnel that lead down from Red Brick House down to the shore and it was either used for smuggling in things, another story is that there is more than one tunnel from Rampart Terrace that leads to red brick, the shore......................and a 3rd exit/entrance ....and after a bit of research I found that the 3rd place should fall just inside QinetiQs site to ANOTHER Red Brick House. I also heard the story of a young girl who slit her own throat and was found in the tunnel el rd side and the tunnel was blocked up byut not investigated...i also heard Rampart streets access point was covered over.

Ive tried looking for a sewer and waterway map/s across east beach.. But to no avail, ive looked at archived old pics from the 30s and 40s and saw where buildings used to be accross the grass field..but couldnt find any tunnel info or give aways....but..i have seen a few manholes between those 3 points and 2 of them line up perfectly with matching lids...

I/we are still in our infancy at the moment and only done 1 explore so far, going back soon to finish that one !!

I will add some pics soon about the tunnels.

I really want to find the tunnels that people say is bs or they've been covered over...to satisfy my own curiocity more than anything... As far as I know no one has searched or found these tunnels aside from possibly the water company !? ..but if so they've not said a word about this possible urban myth...nor any truth either way.

If anyone can chime in with any useful info or pics Id be so grateful.

More content coming soon - DE-eVOLVED SS3
Ive lived in shoeburyness my whole life and for years as kids me and my friends have tried time and time again to find these tunnels but never had any luck actually getting into them. We found multiple opening and manholes but they were all sealed. Did you have much luck accessing them?

DE-eVOLVED

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive lived in shoeburyness my whole life and for years as kids me and my friends have tried time and time again to find these tunnels but never had any luck actually getting into them. We found multiple opening and manholes but they were all sealed. Did you have much luck accessing them?
Hi, not as of yet ... but Ive been researching this HARD.. we are still researching, we know where part of it is ... but not sure how far it goes...I will be going underground in coming weeks and hope to de bunk at least part of the system if thats what it is :) .. If I find anything and you are interested Ill PM you if you are interested in coming with ? ... be good to know which lids you tried ...weve tried 6 so far 2 were just drains with small pipes leading off the other 4 were insanly well stck on and we could not lift them ........yet......

djathers

28DL Member
28DL Member
Have you tried knocking on the door of red brick and asking about it?
This has worked on so many occasions for me, its lead to guided tours by security guards a few times now.
Be nice and polite,you might be surprised at the result once they understand youre interested in the history and not a vandal with spray cans.

Who has read this thread (Total: 405) View details