Web
Analytics
Question - - Didsbury Lodge | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Didsbury Lodge

vulpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone ever heard or been through this place? I can not find any information on it but I am certain that it is fully abandoned. There could possibly be construction on the site, but from what I have seen there is nothing ongoing. It is located in Didsbury, Manchester (UK) on Wilmslow Road.

I found it easy to access through a side passage. The doors on the buildings sealed with some kind of concrete. I didn’t go into the main courtyard area as I was on my own and got a really bad vibe from the area.

Does anyone know anything?

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Planning was granted on 30/11/2018 for -

"Demolition of buildings in accordance with Demolition Plan ref. 123-00-1003-A; detailed planning permission for the erection of 22no (2 x 3 bed, 18 x 4 bed, 2 x 5 bed) new build houses (Use Class C3) and conversion of the Parklands (Use Class B1a) into 39no (16 x 1 bed, 20 x 2 bed, 3 x 3 bed) apartments (Use Class C3); detailed planning and listed building consent for the conversion of and extension to The Cedars (Use Class B1a) into 21no (8 x 1 bed, 10 x 2 bed, 3 x 3 bed) apartments (Use Class C3), conversion of The Coach House into 2no (1 x 2 bed, 1 x 3 bed) houses (Use Class C3) and conversion of The Lodge into 1no (1 x 2 bed) house (Use Class C3) (totalling 85 units); and provision of access improvements, parking, landscaping and other associated works"

This includes demolishing half of the lodge and parts of some of the other buildings on site.

View the planning application here

vulpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Planning was granted on 30/11/2018 for -

"Demolition of buildings in accordance with Demolition Plan ref. 123-00-1003-A; detailed planning permission for the erection of 22no (2 x 3 bed, 18 x 4 bed, 2 x 5 bed) new build houses (Use Class C3) and conversion of the Parklands (Use Class B1a) into 39no (16 x 1 bed, 20 x 2 bed, 3 x 3 bed) apartments (Use Class C3); detailed planning and listed building consent for the conversion of and extension to The Cedars (Use Class B1a) into 21no (8 x 1 bed, 10 x 2 bed, 3 x 3 bed) apartments (Use Class C3), conversion of The Coach House into 2no (1 x 2 bed, 1 x 3 bed) houses (Use Class C3) and conversion of The Lodge into 1no (1 x 2 bed) house (Use Class C3) (totalling 85 units); and provision of access improvements, parking, landscaping and other associated works"

This includes demolishing half of the lodge and parts of some of the other buildings on site.

View the planning application here
Nice one mate! Saved me self getting blown to pieces now haha