real time web analytics
Report - - Diesel Centrale, Austria, December 2018 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Diesel Centrale, Austria, December 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
"Neue DieselZentrale"
Reading through several previous reports, blogs and spamming the internet with vague search terms wielded nothing but sheer disappointment to find any attached history for this absolutely amazing building. Unfortunately, all efforts for history research lead to items relating to diesel emissions incentives or other, much more prominent, power stations.

This building has almost faded into obscurity, but yet still appears to be very well cared for and certainly used judging by numerous things stored around there, presumably now in private ownership.
The actual structure itself appears to be from the early 20th century with a sort of Art-Deco design, noticeable from some details within.
I can also guess, given the name of the site from some writing inside translated as "New Diesel Central", it was presumably a replacement for a previous location or an improved design.

I hate to give very little info on a place like this but, as said, there is very little I could find. Perhaps I'm just terrible at research?

The Visit
Only an hour or so after landing we found ourselves stopping off here en-route to another location. Half asleep I didn't now what to expect or where we were and at first it seems there was no getting in. Eventually a little ingenuity got us a way in. Unfortunately, being a winter afternoon the daylight was soon fading so it was a rush to get any images here.

An overview of the 4 generators.

Slightly different angle.

Viewed from the opposite corner.

Viewed from the front of the units.

A slightly zoomed in image of the mechanicals.

Some sort of pointless angle with the huge marble control panel in the corner.

A full view of the control board. The detail within the metal work was impressive.

Backroom

A couple of closeups.

Anyway, that'll be all.​

Last edited:

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We tried getting in there in summer 2020 - our friend got in two weeks before us and when we got there, the access was blocked. Well, he's a very lucky guy so no surprise there. Nice photos!

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
It's a beauty.
That's a big wow from me. Amazing place and excellent pictures.
Fab photos. Nothing not to like:thumb
Thanks, it's an amazing place which my photos do no justice for.
We tried getting in there in summer 2020 - our friend got in two weeks before us and when we got there, the access was blocked. Well, he's a very lucky guy so no surprise there. Nice photos!
It's an odd one to do, took me a while to process how on earth we managed it.