real time web analytics
Dilemma. Working in demolition with full access to sites. But been told not to take any photos | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Dilemma. Working in demolition with full access to sites. But been told not to take any photos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jj north

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've recently started working for a demolition company who deals mainly in decommissioning railway yards . Ive been told by the main man that it's going to cause him no end of grief posting pictures on social media. Not so much with urbexers but with railway fanatics.

I've taken a few pictures of the last couple of buildings we've torn down. There not up to the high standard of photography on here . But will literally be the last pictures of the places still standing.

Dilemma here is I want to keep my job. But I've got some privileged access to some cracking sites just before demolition that I'd love to share

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
<snip> I was typing them same thing.

I'd ask if you can take them for reference, historical evidence whatever but don't put them on social media, just hang on to them. Who knows a few years later if the original site's gone, post them then as it won't matter so much.

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
I'd definitely try and take a few pics when possible but don't go pasting them all over facebook, etc straight away, maybe a year or so later would be ok, even just keeping them for your own reference is better than just not taking any IMO.

Take pics because you want to.... not because you want to share them online....

jj north

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got a belter in the South west coming up , doesnt seem to have been explored before

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What they don't know won't hurt them. Is there any reason you couldn't make an anonymous account specifically for your pics? If you leave it til a few months post demolition, so the heats died down, I think you should be okay. The Internet is a vast place after all, chances of being caught are slim.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
What they don't know won't hurt them. Is there any reason you couldn't make an anonymous account specifically for your pics? If you leave it til a few months post demolition, so the heats died down, I think you should be okay. The Internet is a vast place after all, chances of being caught are slim.

You’d be surprised who watches places like this - it’s 100% not worth the risk as it’ll be plain obvious that pics from certain sites could have been obtained by people on site.

My brother worked in demo surveying for many years and was very lucky to survey asylums, ROF Factories and all sorts. He could take photos and indeed he’d show me some but never would risk them putting oit online.

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You’d be surprised who watches places like this - it’s 100% not worth the risk as it’ll be plain obvious that pics from certain sites could have been obtained by people on site.

My brother worked in demo surveying for many years and was very lucky to survey asylums, ROF Factories and all sorts. He could take photos and indeed he’d show me some but never would risk them putting oit online.

Nice! Man, I'm in the wrong business....

Who has read this thread (Total: 177) View details