real time web analytics
Report - - Dinorwic Slate Quarry, Dinorwig - August 2015 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dinorwic Slate Quarry, Dinorwig - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've visited this place twice now and the views never get old. These pictures are from my second visit as the first time we got rained on the entire time and at one point had to seek shelter from a pretty decent thunderstorm in one of the buildings on the way up, we were joined by a mountain goat.

I recommend a visit to the Welsh National Slate Museum if you're in the area too!

History -
"The Dinorwic Slate Quarry is a large former slatequarry, now home to the Welsh National Slate Museum, located between the villages of Llanberis and Dinorwig in north Wales. It was the second largest slate quarry in Wales, indeed in the world, after the neighbouring Penrhyn Quarry.[1] It covered more than 700 acres (2.8 km2) consisting of two main quarry sections with 20 galleries in each and a number of ancillary workings. Extensive internal tramway systems connected the quarries using inclines to transport slate between galleries."

_DSC1266_zpsfjyptc7z.jpg

_DSC1268_zpsponvhyqm.jpg

_DSC1284_zpsfxt6pvfd.jpg

_DSC1298_zpsizrgmloa.jpg

_DSC1323_zpsndeew64l.jpg

_DSC1317_zps0erkndkh.jpg

_DSC1315_zpsgybc8kfj.jpg

_DSC1306_zpsdkrc4gs8.jpg

_DSC1329_zpspmfl1f2n.jpg

_DSC1328_zpserd2jysp.jpg

_DSC1271_zpsxwevxh5j.jpg