real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Disused Farm and Equipment, Красне Village (Chernobyl Exclusion Zone), Ukraine - Oct 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Disused Farm and Equipment, Красне Village (Chernobyl Exclusion Zone), Ukraine - Oct 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Disused Farm and Equipment, Красне Village (Chernobyl Exclusion Zone), Ukraine - Oct 2016

Today was a very good day because we decided to see mostly things which aren't on any Tour Bus Itinerary!

So, second day in the zone, second trip to said zone. The first site of the day and the rain was absolutely hammering it down. Hard going as we were catching the early trains from Slavutych each morning at 07:40, up at 06:00!

By now the weather had cleared up; but my poor camera equipment had suffered in the heavy rain earlier that morning and didn't want to play ball with misting and all sorts. The rain really was DRIVING that morning, soaking through EVERYTHING!

Today; we were going to do a half day in Pripyat after the Reactor 5 and 6 Complex, but instead we decided to drive right out into the sticks and experience some of the smaller towns and villages within the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

It wasn't until this point that I realised quite the insane level of abandonment in The Zone. We drove for what felt like miles and miles to get here, this was right out in the sticks, and though all main roads are now reduced to narrow, single track lanes due to vegetation and shrubbery growth, it seemed like a long way away.

What also hit me is what a rush everyone was made to leave in. People thought they would be returning in a week, but they never did and this is obvious with all this equipment left behind to rot; in this case, several "Niva SKP-5M-1" Soviet Era Combine Harvesters, Hay and crop sorting equipment; amomngst other farming items.

These vehicles have since been relieved of their engines and gearboxes by thieves and looters intent on selling radioactive scrap and parts on the black market.

The military squeezed passed us in their UAZ on patrol when we were parked up here.

30487604106_3ebb191243_b.jpg

30523799265_b0040c8097_b.jpg

29893257454_ef4a85cf3e_b.jpg

30436928241_695ba80b2d_b.jpg

30225652890_f75726c8dc_b.jpg

30487289046_da1a440725_b.jpg

29891027403_87d147e7f3_b.jpg

29893095574_5f1c79bdf8_b.jpg

Thanks Guys! See More Radioactive Farmland At:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157674245286871

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Very good but why not consider just making one thread rather than four hundred and twelvety different ones from Chernobyl?

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Very good but why not consider just making one thread rather than four hundred and twelvety different ones from Chernobyl?

I did on my tour bus trip in 2013; but because we got to see so much more this time, I have dropped quite a number of sites from reports, it seemed a shame for it to all be lost in one large report, plus there is no way it would fit! I think we saw more things to even have one photo per site! Some days we drove for a couple of hours.

I did toy with this being bulked into like a villages thread but it was quite a long way from anything else we did so Im doing one report per village if that makes sense?

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I did on my tour bus trip in 2013; but because we got to see so much more this time, I have dropped quite a number of sites from reports, it seemed a shame for it to all be lost in one large report, plus there is no way it would fit! I think we saw more things to even have one photo per site! Some days we drove for a couple of hours.

I did toy with this being bulked into like a villages thread but it was quite a long way from anything else we did so Im doing one report per village if that makes sense?

That's a tricky one isn't it!
Getting lots of sites across, without spamming the forum! II think I did around 3 locations per report to try and keep my volume of reports down. But the problem is, is there is sooo much good stuff I saw there, that that it feels a bit criminal.

Didn't get to see this place; looks good.
Looking forward to a pint and a chat with you about all this at the next meet :)

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Yes this was a good distance away, we snaked on the old roads for a few hours to get here! Thanks for the comments!