real time web analytics
Report - - Ditton Horticultural Laboratory - December '11 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ditton Horticultural Laboratory - December '11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LachlanF

Amateur urbanexer
28DL Full Member
Right well originally made a report about this from about a year ago, but since i got a new camera i wanted to try it out again with my new equipment. This is my first time using a DSLR so go easy :p Also even know i used a tripod, the ground was very uneven and my mate was rushing me so the pictures are not the best. It was his first time and he thought we were going to be murdered by a crazy tramp.

History
The Ditton Laboratory, a short distance from the research station, was opened in 1930 by the Empire Marketing Board as a part of Cambridge University's Low Temperature Research Station. The purpose of the laboratory was to carry out experiments on the shipping of fruit across the high seas, in order to extend its life over long, seaborne journeys. I am not sure when it was closed down, but when exploring i found a few letters about redundancy dating 1989, so i can only assume it was close to then.

Now on with the pictures, but like i said i am not photographer

800px-The_Ditton_Laboratory_Ditton_Kent.jpg

This is a photo from google, as it was night and i could not really get a good shot from the outside.

Urbex-ditton063.gif

View attachment 409196

View attachment 409199

View attachment 409201

View attachment 409204

View attachment 409205

View attachment 409208

View attachment 409210

View attachment 409213

View attachment 409216

I will continue in second post..

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details