real time web analytics
Report - - DIY Guide: Your own Supervillain Hideout aka tailrace tunnel of Niagara | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DIY Guide: Your own Supervillain Hideout aka tailrace tunnel of Niagara

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
This was probably the first 'epic' explore ever. It was a proper eye opener as to what you can do with the correct people, planning, skills, training and kit.

It was definitely an inspiration for me to learn skills and try harder. Not just the site and explore, but the presentation. It showed us all how a proper report should be written.

demble

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow, awesome stuff haven't seen the name JonDoe appear for years either, whatever happened to him?

WelshMoocher

Where'd the floor go?
28DL Full Member
Only just read this!

This has to be the pinnacle doesn't it? One of the seven natural wonders of the world, and totally championed by you, and you survived to write a blinder of a report!

:Not Worthy

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not just epic but super epic! Truly awesome especially the junction of the two culverts!
Hats off for the sheer effort, risk and determination to document this, the descent looked hair raising to say the least:eek::eek:

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
I know this is such an old thread, but it has to be the single most greatest explore report i have ever read.
If i was wearing a hat i would take it off!

Pieman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen on You Tube.

Same place?! And peeps?

:oops:

How have I not seen that before? It has to be the same guys - surely there aren't two teams of people who are brave/stupid enough to pull that off.

That video is both incredible and terrifying at the same time - those explorers have to be the most courageous and crazy of all time. If that abseil rope had snapped or come adrift, their only options of escape were to leap into the falls or stay in there until they starved to death...

Lehtz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How have I not seen that before? It has to be the same guys - surely there aren't two teams of people who are brave/stupid enough to pull that off.

That video is both incredible and terrifying at the same time - those explorers have to be the most courageous and crazy of all time. If that abseil rope had snapped or come adrift, their only options of escape were to leap into the falls or stay in there until they starved to death...

The YouTube account name is Jon Doe, while I'm sure there is many a John Doe out there, that is one of the names mentioned in the original report! I did find it interesting that technology wise the footage obviously doesn't stand up to the quality you would expect to see today, even from a smart phone. But if it was recorded in 2006, that is pre-iPhone!

I was thinking pretty much the same on the access/exit!! Imagine getting stuck down there! It could quickly become a 'who would get eaten first' scenario?!! :oops:

Edit: Just noticed the vid description links to this post, LOL!

Who has read this thread (Total: 718) View details