Web
Analytics
Do you take sugar? - a caffeine fueled romp through an industrial relic (Oct 2013) | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Do you take sugar? - a caffeine fueled romp through an industrial relic (Oct 2013)

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
So the venue was not new - Tone Mills

This time, however, the trusty DSLR was left at home.

Instead the 'tool' for the day was one of these:

zapa_zps2d5f4c6a.jpg

A late 1950's Fed Zarya.

To complete the setup it was loaded with Kentmere 400ASA black and white film (exposed at 200 ASA)

kentmere-400-35mm-36-2167-p.jpg

(the cheapest B&W film on Fleabay)

And the developing? Well, done at home using...

ingr_zpsad855535.jpg

Instant coffee, vitamin C, washing soda, and a dash of washing up liquid. :)

And the results?

coffee17_zps933c7e46.jpg

coffee14_zps59fa5d1c.jpg

coffee19_zpsa3461267.jpg

coffee21_zps85019350.jpg

coffee20_zps09856258.jpg

coffee16_zpsf5ba3d12.jpg

coffee13_zps7ed86871.jpg

coffee15_zps1aad0cda.jpg

coffee12_zpsd606311e.jpg

coffee11_zps270a97a5.jpg

coffee9_zps5a0947e7.jpg

coffee10_zps5b9ec1d5.jpg

coffee8_zps4bea30b6.jpg

coffee1_zps0a37ff15.jpg

coffee6_zpsbbfc942e.jpg

coffee3_zps34c6a0fd.jpg

coffee4_zpsbac0b273.jpg

coffee5_zpse0408729.jpg

So, there we have it, photos developed with Tesco Everyday Value Coffee*, vitamin C and Soda...

(*very much preferable to drinking it)

coffee2_zpse37d1db2.jpg

I've been Styru, thanks for looking...

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Do you take sugar? - a caffeine fueled romp through an industrial relic (Oct 2013

That's really good mate.

Instant coffee, vitamin C, washing soda, and a dash of washing up liquid
Sounds like the stain in one of my kitchen cupboards. It's that a standard DIY mix?

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Re: Do you take sugar? - a caffeine fueled romp through an industrial relic (Oct 2013

Stunning results, with all the digital cameras these day's it's nice to have the chance to do something like this. i would have loved to have shot Pyestock on a 5x4 camera but there's no way i was carrying on of those around all day.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin

It's that a standard DIY mix?

Pretty much so yep, you are meant to do it all at closely controlled temperatures etc - I just used some Poundland bottled water that was sitting in the cupboard for the main developing mix (as it would be nearer room temp than tap water) and straight out of the tap water for the rinses.

toby

Armchair warrior
28DL Full Member

Amazing results Styru! Great shots themselves anyway, but the bonkers processing adds a certain something.

Never seen this caffenol thing before... thanks for that! This chappie here has a book all about it (pity about the godawful PDF page-turning interface though). Cheers!

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin

This chappie herehas a book all about it (pity about the godawful PDF page-turning interface though). Cheers!
er, 124 pages? written by a team of 9 authors? - it's about a 20 minute process - I could develop a film quicker than wade through 124 pages :) - why do people feel the need to complicate stuff?

Indeed, I've just clicked through the first 67 (of 124) pages, and we are still introducing the authors/photographers - so, over half the book gone and no actual info on the process yet :rolleyes: