real time web analytics
Report - - Dobroyd mill culvert, jackson bridge, Yorkshire, May 2018 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dobroyd mill culvert, jackson bridge, Yorkshire, May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
There's 9 threads on Dobroyd mill, but nothing on the culvert which passes beneath
shame really because it's well worth the effort.

The beck exits the mill pond (Dobroyd mill), then passes through a 400yd culvert by the arch footbridge (infall)
this merges with a 2nd culvert carrying the Jackson bridge beck exiting by the road bridge (outfall)

mill pond

SAM_0983.JPG

source to the mill

SAM_0979.JPG

SAM_0980.JPG

(infall)

SAM_0982.JPG

SAM_0978.JPG

SAM_0977.JPG

SAM_0976.JPG

SAM_0973.JPG

nice brickwork,
but had to crawl through here stooping to say the least.

SAM_0972.JPG

SAM_0971.JPG

SAM_0966.JPG

SAM_0964.JPG

2nd culvert carrying the Jackson bridge beck

didn't pass this point, because the floor had been washed away & the water was too deep
I was wearing wellingtons so will return sometime with waders.

SAM_0970.JPG

SAM_0969.JPG

merging of the 2 becks

SAM_0963.JPG

SAM_0960.JPG

(outfall)
SAM_0959.JPG

thanks

Last edited:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I wondered when you were going to post this, very nice looking mill culvert and like the look of the stone section :thumb

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Nice pics stranton. Funny how so many are put off by a bit of darkness and some water eh

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Can’t believe I’ve done the mill and NOT the culvert, like an idiot was so preoccupied with getting in it wasn’t till after that I thought of going under! Nice report and pics.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Pretty sure someone did post this culvert before. Maybe not a full report, but it's been covered.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Pretty sure someone did post this culvert before. Maybe not a full report, but it's been covered.

be nice seeing a bit more of the left ( Jackson bridge culvert) if somebody has photographs?

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great post! I've had a look at this too but the last time I was there the snow was deep and that river was fast flowing. I'll have to go back soon as I bet the water flow is pretty low at the moment.

Charro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is fantastic in all ways. Nice hidden openings, beautiful waterfall and some well established brick works resulting in spectacular arches. Many thanks for investigating this one, wonderful pictures.