real time web analytics
Report - - Dobroyd Mill - Jackson Bridge - April 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dobroyd Mill - Jackson Bridge - April 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
The present building was built in the late 1800s featuring a nice big imposing tower and 3 floors. There is an interesting rounded section of the building too which I liked. The buildings were taken over by a company called Z. Hinchcliffe and eventually closed around 2012? They were after taking down the small chimney and I believe the locals got excited about that. There is a really nice culvert underneath the mill complex too, check out Strantons report on that here - https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/dobroyd-mill-culvert-jackson-bridge-yorkshire-may-2018.113648/

I was back home for a week or so last month and needed to catch up with an old explorer friend, so we headed out in the borrowed set of wheels to have a look at this place. I'd not really seen any reports on the place so when it was suggested I had a look on here, I saw a few pictures from the "Top Floor" thread.... Well that got me all wet and I closed the browser and put it into the satnav. So I was a little disappointed to realise after a couple of hours searching that the cool stuff had been removed. Shame on me for not doing my homework eh.

Nevermind, as we found some other cool stuff. Machinery is nice. Don't get me wrong. I get excited over the smell of oil and old metal the same as the next but different strokes for different folks and all that. However I also like myself some nice old remnants of the past. Old tins, pictures, photos. You get it. That sort of dirt. A good rake about is part of the fun.

8qOlxOC.jpg

D58S4le.jpg

wjqX5tI.jpg

6VcI92X.jpg

lzj3egq.jpg

iobbMAQ.jpg

aj7mtBJ.jpg

fThCdWa.jpg

Fj43Xvz.jpg

pOzhxUs.jpg

JpUsmUP.jpg

VFNCc1x.jpg

z66EuPz.jpg

xPtKao7.jpg

I think sometimes little bits like these give a place a little bit more life.

Thanks for looking, Bug.

YFR443j.jpg

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Nice one mate, was underneath there last week in the culvert. Decent spot.

Thanks mate. We would have had a look underneath but ran out of time. The noise of the water was lovely especially in the lower part of the mill. The whole place is in a really nice location.

Very nicely done, looks to be plenty to see in there.

Cracking photos too.

Aye it’s a decent mill this. Loads left behind. Thanks!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Nicely done. You've found some interesting bits there mate. Gutted the top floor has been emptied. I was in there not so long ago but bottled it when the alarm went off.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Nicely done. You've found some interesting bits there mate. Gutted the top floor has been emptied. I was in there not so long ago but bottled it when the alarm went off.

Thanks man. Yeah the top floor is as empty as the others now but it’s still worth a visit for sure. It’s not all about the machinery for me.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You've certainly seen some stuff we didn't.

We also missed out on the top floor... sadly the old cheeky way in had been sussed and sealed by the time we visited.

Who has read this thread (Total: 199) View details