real time web analytics
Report - - Dock cranes, London, May 2010 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dock cranes, London, May 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Forsaken.

I've been meaning to do this for quite a while now, at least since I saw Snappel's report from 2 years back. The only problem was that this area is at the end of the world as far as I'm concerned. I live on the opposite side of London and could never force myself to travel 2 hours to get here at 3 am, which I thought was the best time to do those cranes. They stand very close to blocks of flats, as you climb them you're meters away from apartment windows so it had to be a late night mission.

Luckily Forsaken has a car :D So after briefly looking at another place and deciding to leave it for later we found ourselves standing at the bottom of those beautiful old cranes and looking for a way up.

Once you climb past windows of neighboring flats it's really relaxed on top. The whole area is very quiet at night.

***​

Initially we wanted to do the crane in the picture below but there was a party in a flat overlooking it. We did one next to it and while we were on top the party had finished. Forsaken suggested I climb the crane we originally planned and he'll stay where he was and take a picture of me. It came out very well, I hope he posts it ;)

IMG_3268.jpg

You can see Millenium Mills in the distance

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Excel Centre on the opposite side of the dock.

IMG_3270.jpg

Moon over Millenium Dome

IMG_3264.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details