real time web analytics
Report - - Dodge Hill air raid shelter - Stockport Sept. 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dodge Hill air raid shelter - Stockport Sept. 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

aem

Perilously hopeless....
28DL Full Member
Visited with Woodburner, Ojay, Millhouse and Doc-p.

The shelter was mined out in 1938 by Stockport’s Air Raid Precautions Committe as Britain readied for WW2, they were chipped out of the sandstone in the area in order to provide shelter in the on going air raids.

The Shelters are huge to say the least, and could easily take a good half hour if you lost your bearings to get the hell out. Clips in the ceiling are still in place in areas for curtains to be put around the bunks as are the pipes which originally carried the electricity cables for lighting.

Not too many photos as when you've seen one tunnel in here, you've seen them all - but a good explore non the less. We easily spent a couple of hours in here.

P1010284.jpg

P1010285.jpg

P1010290.jpg

The original main entrance
P1010296.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010302.jpg

Dicking around
P1010305.jpg

Le bog
P1010311.jpg

Peeps
P1010324.jpg

Thanks lads for a decent wander.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Invasion of the 'Bagheads' was tonights Plan B & C

The night started out with FAIL, and ended with Lulz.

Having ventured here many times before, I showed the boys around one of the WW2 bunkers of Stockport 'Dodge Hill', and later we checked out a dis-used railway tunnel.

We had a fair old mooch about, and the guys took some cracking shots, just waiting for Millhouse to throw down his efforts...

On this occasion we were lucky enough to have two lighting bitches (A.K.A - Woodburner & Doc-P) :rolleyes:

BUT joking aside shouts to the burner of wood prodcuts for transport (at the end of the road, turn fucking left); without, this shizzle would never have taken place.

Also credits for his arsenal of lighting, and Doc-P for just being bitch (Ha Ha) :D

Also shouts to Mendo for accidentally a people shot (LOL).

No perception fail tonight on my behalf (Sorry to disappoint) Just a case of size matters!

Quote of the day:

Woodburner - "When I have finished being Lighting Bitch, I'm gonna get my camera out and start taking some pictures" :eek:

In your bunkers....

bunks2.jpg

bunks1.jpg

bunks5.jpg

bunks3.jpg

bunks4.jpg

Barrel.jpg

A large chunk of this place was carved through, to make way for the M60

M-Way.jpg

'Bagheads'

Ppl.jpg

Watch out for yo' needles

Steps.jpg

Shit a brick

Bogs1.jpg

Bogs3.jpg

Bogs2.jpg

B.r.r.r.a.a.a.a.p

(Take 6)

Brap.jpg

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
This was one of the most lolworthy explores i've been on in a while, took ages to get that last group shot due to people cracking up :p

Lol @ Ojay's last shot, captured exactly what was going on trying to capture that shot. Even though we have our serious faces on, we were giggling like idiots. :p

Anyway, some of mine. :)

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

Cheers,

WB.

Chaoskid2107

Mancunian Explorer
28DL Member
Visited with Woodburner, Ojay, Millhouse and Doc-p.

The shelter was mined out in 1938 by Stockport’s Air Raid Precautions Committe as Britain readied for WW2, they were chipped out of the sandstone in the area in order to provide shelter in the on going air raids.

The Shelters are huge to say the least, and could easily take a good half hour if you lost your bearings to get the hell out. Clips in the ceiling are still in place in areas for curtains to be put around the bunks as are the pipes which originally carried the electricity cables for lighting.

Not too many photos as when you've seen one tunnel in here, you've seen them all - but a good explore non the less. We easily spent a couple of hours in here.

P1010284.jpg

P1010285.jpg

P1010290.jpg

The original main entrance
P1010296.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010302.jpg

Dicking around
P1010305.jpg

Le bog
P1010311.jpg

Peeps
P1010324.jpg

Thanks lads for a decent wander.

Went here last night, it was amazing!! was it you lot who left the big plastic sheet?? it scared us because the guy who i was with (Shadow_Play) said that wasnt there before and i thought someone else had come in after us!

Chaoskid2107