real time web analytics
Question - - Does anyone know any underground locations in north Devon (mines) | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Does anyone know any underground locations in north Devon (mines)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Underground explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so how do I attach photos off my phone to put onto is thread? And yes I've seen the video before, thanks anyway tho and close to west down ain't it? It's more than likely flooded this time of year anyway... It's a long shot really.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You would need to upload the pics to am image hosting website like imgur or forumimagehosting.com then paste the links you generate into a new report thread.

You probably aren't gonna get much of a response if you're using a smartphone for your camera though. Have browse through the mines and quarries section to get an idea of whats goes into a report. 99% of us use DLSR cameras and long exposures to get decent shots underground.

Underground explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No problem I will defiantly take photos of what I find, if it's still accessible that is... And I will like the fb page and post pics for you now

Jadenyxen

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm looking for walk in adits to visit in the north Devon so I don't have to travel to Cornwall and it's proving rather difficult, I allready visit Combe Martin silver mine regularly so that ones off the list... Has anyone ever visited any places before in north Devon anyone could recommend? I've heard of fullabrook mine but don't kno the exact location, please guys and girls your help would be appreciated:) thank youu

Hi! I live in North Devon and I havent heard of the CM Silver Mine, do you have any info on it and a location? :)

Underground explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi, I have information but I'm afraid you won't be able to just "walk in" as its a project dig clearing the backfill and I volunteer each Sunday it's safely locked up during the week, the shaft is dug down to 26 fathoms but the mine captain reports say it goes down to 40 fathoms we've stopped work on the shaft and made the 28 fathom level safe and headed to work on clearing a back filled winze witch is supposed to lead us to deep adit, the winze is 60 feet deep by the reports but only back filled 30 feet of it luckily for us, anyone can join in But you will need bca insurance to go underground and join the team on the dig, there's a Facebook page if you want to see photos

LONEWOLF1957

28DL Member
28DL Member
What type of report? Ive been to local libraries to research and looked at old ordonce surveys and they only show me the one I allready visit, and nothing about the other two I kno that are there but nothing on any maps, not Evan on the internet so I guess not much is known about the place / not many people know about them
try and get a copy of dines, the metalliferous mining region of south west England. it comes in 2 volumes and covers the whole of southwest England. that may help.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
This could be interesting, I've just bought a secondhand copy...

https://amzn.to/2Rlv6Ba

61kjcne-tRL.jpg