real time web analytics
Report - - Dolphin Quay Emsworth, June 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dolphin Quay Emsworth, June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jack179

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History-
Okay so I'll apologies now for the lack of history, but have been searching for half hour and come across absolutely sod all. But what I know that it's an old, partially still used marina which is home to a company called Blue Water Maritime limited, who again I couldn't find much history on but from what I could find is they built and designed ribs, yachts, canoes and other styles of wooden boats.

The Explore-
So I came across this place yesterday, so me and my friend decided to come back and have a look for an entrance in today, we got there and found a way in but it was extremely busy at the pub next door to it so we couldn't access the building on site but still managed to get some decent pictures of the old equipment and the derelict boat on the site

I will put the pictures of inside when I get them which will hopefully be asap!!

image.jpg

The names of the vessel.

image.jpg

Front of the boat.
image.jpg

Back of the boat.
image.jpg

The dials, a button and the keyhole.
image.jpg

One of the other boats which eas rotten and falling apart.
image.jpg

Inside of the building!
image.jpg

Company name.
image.jpg

Rusted wench.

Sorry that the photos aren't that great still haven't had the money to buy a camera so still my phone!!!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Good effort for phone pics. You can't beat a rusted wench in my experience!
I couldn't find much history on but from what I could find is they built and designed ribs, yachts, canoes and other styles of wooden boats.
They did. This was Tim Gilmore's yard. He moved to Birdham Pool in 2012 after the landlord decided he wanted to sell the yard. As far as I know it's still for sale.

Jack179

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

They did. This was Tim Gilmore's yard. He moved to Birdham Pool in 2012 after the landlord decided he wanted to sell the yard. As far as I know it's still for sale.
So if I googled Tim Gilmore would I be able to find much history?

Jack179

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

And cheers, nah your right there haha

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
So if I googled Tim Gilmore would I be able to find much history?
There's a tiny bit of company profile on his current website. If you read it after looking at a Google street view of his "three steel framed structures" it seems to fit.