Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Doncaster North Bridge Villa | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Doncaster North Bridge Villa

abandonedDONNY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi. I walk past an old building most days on my way to work. It's in Doncaster on the old North Bridge and it's called the North Bridge Villa (it has this name engraved above the door). It's quite an old-looking house right next to dolland and aitchison. It's a really odd place for a house too - it's in the middle of nowhere really and I was just wondering if anyone had any info on it. I've scoured the net and can't come up with a thing! It seems to be joined onto the old Mainline Social Club - another abandoned place. Any info would be most welcome.

NorthBridgeVilla.jpg

Cheers for looking.

Attachments

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It might come as a surprise to you, but North Bridge hasn't always looked like that - there used to be loads of houses round there, Dolland & Aitchison and Halfords are a fairly new addition to the area.

No idea of that particular house's history, but I think it was part of the SYPTE/Mainline social club. It was all sealed up last time I looked, seeing as you're passing, do you think you could have a look round the back and see if there's any way in? Ta.

AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
Regular User
you know there has been a marvelous invention that has been around for years ...........THE INTERNET!!!!!

If that fails theres always the local library!!!

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Shhhh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The best time to go would be on a sunday, as the north bridge depot is quiet. Whilst you will show up on their cameras, its not that likely anyone will turn up to ask you why you're there, unlike in the week where a white car with blue lights might turn up. Look up that northern lights website, it might give an idea whats to come of it, if they demolish it, there might be a window of oppertunity to look inside :)

Ravage Impact

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi. I walk past an old building most days on my way to work. It's in Doncaster on the old North Bridge and it's called the North Bridge Villa (it has this name engraved above the door). It's quite an old-looking house right next to dolland and aitchison. It's a really odd place for a house too - it's in the middle of nowhere really and I was just wondering if anyone had any info on it. I've scoured the net and can't come up with a thing! It seems to be joined onto the old Mainline Social Club - another abandoned place. Any info would be most welcome.

NorthBridgeVilla.jpg

Cheers for looking.
This has been done will post up info soon

Attachments

UberJim

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
post still not up been waiting to see in here at the moment it has a couple of ways in but i think its up for sale so be quick have a walk round and look for the xxxxxxxxxxxx idea :cool

no access details please : mod