real time web analytics
Report - - Dorlux Bed Factory, Halifax - June 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dorlux Bed Factory, Halifax - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Not fussed on the site personally, but I do really like your style of shooting :thumb

A-C-P

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love it. Your post processing is exceptional. If you don't mind me asking; are you using any particular Lightroom presets - VSCO perhaps?

Cheers!

TAG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love it. Your post processing is exceptional. If you don't mind me asking; are you using any particular Lightroom presets - VSCO perhaps?

Cheers!

All my presets are done myself I have well over 50 over my years of photographing. VSCO are decent for some iPhone snaps but I wouldn't let them touch my proper work just a tad too tone curved for me. What you'll see in most of mine is an upping of exposure contradicted with contrast or blacks. Most of the time when I'm shooting even inside this warehouse I'll crank the ISO a bit so it creates a dramatic effect on the rest of the image. It's honestly pretty simple you've just got to work with the light you have for each picture to get whatever look you're after.

But yeah all my images start with my own presets then tweeted to however I fancy it. Don't download presets do them yourself or you will not learn.

Oh yeah and if you're wanting this VSCO look. It's mainly just tone curves and split tones. Hope that helps :)

TAG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Cheers!

Example for you. This is VSCO'd.. if you like. Tone curve wacked up and split toned green into the shadows and yellow to the highlights. It's not a bad look, the colour is a bit cheese but if I'd have the chose I'd do this over using clarity or HDR.

14507165434_c1f5e9da71_b.jpg

A-C-P

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for that explanation, I assumed it would be related to altering the tone curve but you managed to do it subtly and give your shots an almost analogue feel which I really like.

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
All my presets are done myself I have well over 50 over my years of photographing. VSCO are decent for some iPhone snaps but I wouldn't let them touch my proper work just a tad too tone curved for me. What you'll see in most of mine is an upping of exposure contradicted with contrast or blacks. Most of the time when I'm shooting even inside this warehouse I'll crank the ISO a bit so it creates a dramatic effect on the rest of the image. It's honestly pretty simple you've just got to work with the light you have for each picture to get whatever look you're after.

But yeah all my images start with my own presets then tweeted to however I fancy it. Don't download presets do them yourself or you will not learn.

Oh yeah and if you're wanting this VSCO look. It's mainly just tone curves and split tones. Hope that helps :)

Need more of this round here - people sharing knowledge.

Everyone's quick to slate someone for their shit photos, but most of the time it's quite hypocritical.

TAG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Need more of this round here - people sharing knowledge.

Everyone's quick to slate someone for their shit photos, but most of the time it's quite hypocritical.

Couldn't agree more mate. People can be extremely quick to judge when the best thing about photography is it can't really be wrong. To me photography is to always change your techniques or experiment if you like. If you have a arrogance towards a style you're probably not open to change of or think HDR is the answer. Unless you're putting out extremely unique and inspirational photos then no body is one to judge.