real time web analytics
Report - - Doughty House, Richmond upon Thames - June 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Doughty House, Richmond upon Thames - June 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've know about this house for quite a few years. I used to manage a shop near the bottom of Richmond Hill and every Friday after work I'd have a pint in the pub next door to Doughty House with one of my staff members and we always wondered what it was like inside. After pics started appearing online I really wanted to see it for myself, and as usual it took me over a year to finally get round to it despite living quite close at the time.

History:

Doughty House is a large house on Richmond Hill in Richmond, London, England, built in the 18th century, with later additions. It has fine views down over the Thames, and both the house and gallery are Grade II listed buildings.

The house was named after Elizabeth Doughty, who lived there from about 1786, and built St Elizabeth of Portugal Church in The Vineyard, Richmond. It was the residence of the Cook baronets from when it was bought in 1849 by the first baronet until after World War II. A 125-foot-long gallery (38 m) was added in 1885 for the very important family art collection. The house was damaged by bombing in the Second World War and the 4th baronet moved to Jersey with 30 paintings from the collection.

American suffragist Tennessee Claflin was a resident of Doughty House. In 1870, she became the first woman, along with her sister Victoria Woodhull, to open a Wall Street brokerage firm.

Doughty House was sold in 2013 to ultra-prime developer K10 group Ltd. who are working on a £30 million renovation to transform the structure into a private residence by 2019.

MgyjXAkh.jpg

w2KWTVPh.jpg

xSk8iP5h.jpg

YcoB4F7h.jpg

GLsFNdJh.jpg

GUgriQbh.jpg

48WFUwPh.jpg

AyUeJIKh.jpg

JQypTg1h.jpg

kQIXpkLh.jpg

nbrw9MDh.jpg

VygRlnfh.jpg

Sz1JElDh.jpg

QjnaP10h.jpg

aAbk0Pih.jpg

15hJXwxh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

WarFlower

Ink collector | Coffee addict | Book worm
28DL Full Member
I've know about this house for quite a few years. I used to manage a shop near the bottom of Richmond Hill and every Friday after work I'd have a pint in the pub next door to Doughty House with one of my staff members and we always wondered what it was like inside. After pics started appearing online I really wanted to see it for myself, and as usual it took me over a year to finally get round to it despite living quite close at the time.

History:

Doughty House is a large house on Richmond Hill in Richmond, London, England, built in the 18th century, with later additions. It has fine views down over the Thames, and both the house and gallery are Grade II listed buildings.

The house was named after Elizabeth Doughty, who lived there from about 1786, and built St Elizabeth of Portugal Church in The Vineyard, Richmond. It was the residence of the Cook baronets from when it was bought in 1849 by the first baronet until after World War II. A 125-foot-long gallery (38 m) was added in 1885 for the very important family art collection. The house was damaged by bombing in the Second World War and the 4th baronet moved to Jersey with 30 paintings from the collection.

American suffragist Tennessee Claflin was a resident of Doughty House. In 1870, she became the first woman, along with her sister Victoria Woodhull, to open a Wall Street brokerage firm.

Doughty House was sold in 2013 to ultra-prime developer K10 group Ltd. who are working on a £30 million renovation to transform the structure into a private residence by 2019.

MgyjXAkh.jpg

w2KWTVPh.jpg

xSk8iP5h.jpg

YcoB4F7h.jpg

GLsFNdJh.jpg

GUgriQbh.jpg

48WFUwPh.jpg

AyUeJIKh.jpg

JQypTg1h.jpg

kQIXpkLh.jpg

nbrw9MDh.jpg

VygRlnfh.jpg

Sz1JElDh.jpg

QjnaP10h.jpg

aAbk0Pih.jpg

15hJXwxh.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Such beautiful shots, would have loved to of gone! I presume it’s well on its way into being transformed by now? (If you know)

stevelikesemptyplaces

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys I live nearby so I thought I'd give an update on the state of the house, hopefully this wont be seen as thread necromancy but as the useful info it's meant to be haha :)

So as of today the house is under active renovation by the k10 group. It's meant to become a 130 million dollars palace, one of the most exclusive address in the country, if not the world. As of today though, it looks like most workers have been furloughed, and the house is in poor state from an outside perspective. Keep in mind work was supposed to restart today but hasn't.

The very top of door's window (near the house name) has been smashed probably by a careless worker, and the inside i could see from a street pov shows a lot of work halfway done (mostly structural at this point). In terms of access, I think it's still doable, but you need to know there's CCTV at each corner of the worksite. IMHO it's probably not worth it at this point, as the 'charm' of it is in all likelihood already gone. I could be wrong though.