real time web analytics
Information - - Drain cover identity? | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Drain cover identity?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vegan420

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hey I found this drain can anyone indentify it? Hasn't been open in a long time.
image.jpg
image.jpg

How about these two can anyone identify theses?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
No way of knowing without more info, could be anything from Telecoms to sewer to rising mains..

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Wait for the snow and see if it melts around it, that way you’ll narrow it down to Telecoms or a foul line ;)

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
Without seeing the proximity of the manholes to each other, I cant tell.

The last image certainly looks water main related. Can you get a photo of the entire herd of manholes?

tucker

Scallywag
28DL Full Member
The last one looks most likely to be a stop valve or water meter. The second one most likely foul or surface drainage. The first one could be any number of utilities. My guess would be a BT gatic, although these are usually reserved for use in highways. On that note it's a bit out of place in the grass verge, but then again seen stranger before. You would need gatic keys for that and even then you are really gonna struggle.

Z20let van

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprising how heavy old lids are and how hard the are to get out, I swap a lot of old for new at work usually I have to knock the lid from the frame from the inside with a sledge hammer just so we can move the damn things
As suggested the 1st looks like bt 2nd some form of sewer 3rd a valve of some kind
I’m a bit obsessed with going down manholes New and old but I’m usually looking for tools dropped by the last person or sometimes it’s handy when you need to go. York has some of the best I’ve seen and they take a very dim view of us going down them without all kinds of safety chit I’ve never died but I suppose it could happen