Web
Analytics
Report - - Dream Cottages! November 2016 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dream Cottages! November 2016

EJXH1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So me and Caitlin decided to spend our Tuesday off taking an adventure to the Dream cottages, located just outside Wrenbury. Unsure of if they were still accessible or still there at all, we took the chance and headed on over. A few complications on the way, of missing our train, and having to walk around 3 hours to get there (we're not too good with maps!) but overall was a good day.

The cottages are in fact still standing, but need a lot of TLC given to them.

Our first attempt of getting into the first cottage failed miserably, as the door was jammed shut and we couldn't budge it open, so we decided to check out the second one instead!

What would have been the lounge area is pretty worn down, with bottles smashed and bits and pieces thrown about, it was pretty interesting to take a look at.
DSCN5083_zpsllzstoiu.jpg

DSCN5087_zpscwigtuym.jpg

DSCN5093_zps8s2mh0eu.jpg

DSCN5031_zps49r5pfw5.jpg

DSCN5094_zpsid52idwl.jpg

DSCN5007_zpsztcot0bn.jpg

DSCN5021_zpseohv57fd.jpg

DSCN5026_zps3okinc5v.jpg

DSCN5004_zpsnyyah2f0.jpg

DSCN5002_zpsc8wwo9ul.jpg

DSCN5009_zpse3vwejue.jpg

DSCN5004_zpsnyyah2f0.jpg

After our first (failed) attempt of getting into the other cottage, we gave it one last shot before deciding that getting in wasn't going to happen. (We had tried the front door - locked so this last door was our main way in)

We managed to get in, apparently Caitlin isn't good at dislodging doors and a bit of force and ignorance it opened. The second cottage is empty, with only a couple of chairs dotted around. The flooring has become unstable. We noticed a basement as we walked in, and the room that is over the basement had an unsteady floor. We could feel the beams moving under us as we dotted over it to get to the stairs.

DSCN4995_zpsgoiort9y.jpg

DSCN4991_zpsqhascfl0.jpg

DSCN5065_zps7irqorxc.jpg

DSCN5061_zps18n0qxig.jpg

DSCN5055_zpsrqjth5as.jpg

DSCN5047_zpspfrpj1zm.jpg

DSCN5043_zpsynydobld.jpg

DSCN4996_zpsjhhiwwgr.jpg

DSCN5073_zpskkj6fa5n.jpg

After scoping the looks of the basement, we could see the bottom stairs were missing and thanks to some gaps in the wall structures we could see that there was nothing down there, so we decided against going down.

Looking out the back there was some outhouses that were way too overgrown.

DSCN5052_zps7yraqzkv.jpg

Overall the day was a huge success, we explored what was once a family home, thinking about all the memories that were made there was pretty amazing; and we got some sweet photos out of it too!

tattoo dude

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For some reason the 3 TVs remind me of Only fools and horse’s, its looks very 1970s in there

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think renaming it as Fooked beyond all recognition Cottages might be more applicable ;)
It's a pity it looks better on the outside and yet you didn't show it .

Well done on getting iyt anywya and look forward to the next report :thumb

JemCymru

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
that polar bear should lay off the weezle dust ;)

EJXH1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think renaming it as Fooked beyond all recognition Cottages might be more applicable ;)
It's a pity it looks better on the outside and yet you didn't show it .

Well done on getting iyt anywya and look forward to the next report :thumb
haha this name does sound a bit more appropriate indeed!! i wish i had taken more photos to be honest, it may mean another trip to see how it's getting on in the new year!

EJXH1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A 3 hour walk, now that is dedication. haha

Nice to see the place again.
I feel like the walk may have been considerably less if we hadn't of muddled up our directions! nonetheless it was a good walk, minus the wet feet we had at the end of the day!

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Fuck me this place has gone downhill! Was pretty cool when I saw it with @Ferox, and the dead bird was perched in the cage which was the highlight for me :)

Cats paw

28DL Member
28DL Member
It looks like it's taken a hard knock since 2015. I hate to observe how buildings depreciate, but I guess that's how time works (with sadness).