real time web analytics
Report - - DUKE OF LANCASTER (close up ) july 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DUKE OF LANCASTER (close up ) july 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
duke 1.jpg
ship 1.jpg
ship 2.jpg
ship 3.jpg
ship 8.jpg
ship 2.jpg
ship 3.jpg
ship 4.jpg
ship 5.jpg
ship 6.jpg
ship 7.jpg
ship 8.jpg
ship 9.jpg
ship 11.jpg
ship 12.jpg
ship 13.jpg
ship 14.jpg
ship 15.jpg
ship 22.jpg
History - The duke of lancaster was built by harland n wolff in belfast in 1955 as a railway steamer passenger ship to operate on the continent , and is the second ship of this name , one of the last passenger steamers built for the british railways before car ferries became the norm . in 1979 it was beached to become the FUNSHIP in mostyn ,north wales . it was supposed to become a floating nightclub but the local council refused to grant a bar licence because of the lack of fire escapes , the ship was featured on the bbc programme COAST in 2011 showing that the interior of the ship is in good condition , in 2012 the arcade machines were removed and sold to collectors , removing the coin operated machines required a crane and other heavy lifting equipment , the large graffiti pics did not appear on the ship til late 2012 by european graffiti artists by invitation of the owners who were planning to turn it into a large open air art gallery .
The visit - after visiting a site in liverpool we thought we would give THE SHIP a go , we walked down a path till we was portside of the ship and got some long range shots with a superzoom camera , then we were off to get shots of the fore n starboard side of the vessel , luckily i had brought my rarely used superzoom camera thinking that we would,nt get close enough for my DSLR and the lenses i was lugging , we followed the path straight down to the beach (your left ) and found that the fence was not much of a deterrent , we spent aprox an hour on the ships dock before we were approached by a security bloke , i was with fellow member cazel#HT and told her to stay calm n keep shooting , the bloke told us to stop taking pics n leave the site the way we came in , i asked why n he said that he did not want our pics appearing on the official duke of lancaster site ! i told him they would,nt ! we then left the dock by walking back to the beach with the crap barbed wire fence and celebrated with a well earned kit-kat and lashing of pop !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice thanks for sharing
We have also visited, I have written to the owners son twice and he replys but we cant get on it, but I will keep asking.
The web site is really interesting and informative.
you will have to let me know if u get aboard ! will be interesting to see your shots

winchman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I will let you know.
Our Daughter photograped the outside as she did Urban Decay for her Art project.
She is at college but hoping to set up a small business selling vintage clothes on line to fund her studies ( and a rail trip next summer) this would be the ideal location, but gettig permission would be a different matter.
I do under stand he wont want carpet treaders, but I cant think of a better unspoilt location than the inside of this ship, so thats a challenge show me a 70s style place we can photo a few teens wearing vintage clothes.
Obviously we cant pay LOL

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one Scotty, got some cracking shots there mate. Yep, can see how you got round now. We never looked round that part of the fence. Good to see pics of the graffiti on the back. The best graffiti on the ship I'd say. Great report :thumb

Funlester

The Fun One
28DL Full Member
I love this boat and keep meaning to go get some shots of it.
Did you come across the security at all?

Seffy

Staff member
Good to see this again, shame you weren't able to get on it though. I'd agree, there's gotta be a way somewhere. Would try myself if I was near it anytime soon but that's not likely :(

jackndanni

Banned
Banned
Wouldn't bother trying. The chain is covered in grease. There's security on site more often than not. Sometimes they're there 24/7.

Seffy

Staff member
Wouldn't bother trying. The chain is covered in grease. There's security on site more often than not. Sometimes they're there 24/7.

Not sure some grease is gonna stop someone if they really wanna get on board. You should hear about the obstacles some people in this game have managed to get around!