real time web analytics
Report - - Dundee College, October 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dundee College, October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Dundee College High Rise

Introduction:

After heading up to Scotland to hit a few specific derps we found ourselves finishing early with a few hours to kill before the long journey back to Yorkshire... Dundee however, seems to be a haven for shit derps, a little like a Scottish version of Sheffield. This place seemed most interesting to us anyway, after a day of exploring heavy industry, relaxing with a sunset view over Dundee on what as a beautiful day felt like the most appealing option to myself and @BoroLad ...

History:

Or as it may be in this case a few bits of relevant or interesting information...History is a little vague! We know that the building closed in 2011 and has been heavily stripped and vandalised since this time. The building was part of the campus for the college who have since moved into the new Gardyne Campus rendering this structure redundant. The college was formed in 1985, but I'd personally say the building is older than this, it looks to be of a typical late 60's early 70's design. There are plans to convert the former college campus to flats which would include a café, workspace, cinema and gymnasium, so it's questionable as to how much longer this Dundee high point will be open for...

Pictures:

As usual, further information will be added alongside the pics where relevant... Enjoy!

Lecture Theatre:

Upon entering the building we thought we'd be in for a relatively uninteresting explore, at the end of the day the building looked a shell from the outside, we where only here to hit that rooftop! We did however come across a few nice little surprises, this relatively intact lecture theatre being one of them!

22212143312_50ee963eb8_c.jpg

22036860620_0e2f9c979f_c.jpg

22199145216_9408c6efd3_c.jpg

Moving on up...

22199118476_17c47c4e65_c.jpg

Before reaching the rooftop, we came across these rather nice looking wooden lockers...

22037431598_1055c40d22_c.jpg

21602401374_e38f9efa58_c.jpg

The Rooftop:

What you came to see, the roof!

It was lush up here, the weather and the view where perfect, all we needed was beer! Seems to be a running theme with the roof jobs!

22037336518_83de523741_c.jpg

22225147005_029b9b9e94_c.jpg

22198969706_0968de6dab_c.jpg

22037275238_b0f973d42c_c.jpg

21602228644_db874ceb15_c.jpg

21603972063_0e7ac22573_c.jpg

And that's all from here, cheers for reading!
TAW :)

William Muir

LockdownUrbex
28DL Full Member
hey where is this college and how did you manage to get inside the college id like to go there to take some pics for a project thnx

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bit of advice though, don't ask for location details on here in the future mate, I don't mind telling you about this because frankly I don't give a fuck about the place, but usually asking for access details will get you a torn a new arsehole on here!

William Muir

LockdownUrbex
28DL Full Member
okay fair enough it wouldve been easy to find out myself im just unsure if this place is heavely guarded by security and if caught could lead to civil prosecution im new to urbex

William Muir

LockdownUrbex
28DL Full Member
have you tryed the jute mills and keiler factory yet? it looks awesome to take pics before theyre both torn down

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not seen this one before so cheers for sharing. Nice little find regarding the lecture hall and those wooden lockers. Rooftop shots are nice on the eye too, especially that last one :)

William Muir

LockdownUrbex
28DL Full Member
Finally now learned the hard way on this websites to not to reveal any details how to get inside or on the grounds incase people intentionally of going into abanoned places in order to trash it , I went to this college site and found it was all boarded up with metal panels and I also noticed new dome like cctv cameras on all corners I really did want to have a look around inside shame only got in as far as the grounds I'd recommend it to someone who has knowledge of Safely how to get inside it's a wonderful site tho as I read online somewhere first it was promised to be remodelled into another new college campus or luxury houses or a cinema but all plan applications were cancelled due to the cost of refurb and no garantee of profitable plans so it was sadly left in ruin and abandoned, just makes a good site for run down movie set or art project if I get a chance I will do a report on this somepoint