real time web analytics
Report - - Durban Mill, Oldham - August 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Durban Mill, Oldham - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Top stuff! Tried numerous times with no avail, great to see that tilework!!

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
Stopford the one we weighed up has now gone :-/

Had a little look a few days before the report, good job as the one I did have my eye on is still live!

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Spot on, why would anyone stick a suspended ceiling up in that Engine house...? absolutely bonkers.

Like the sprinkler main valve shots, they put some serious work into those systems.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Its tight atm I think, but I'm sure that will change when work starts...

Mick The Mole

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/93016/eyesore-mill-to-be-demolished

To be demolished! Can the locals keep us updated if work starts please.

I'd say if they have given up trying to save Hartford, Durban should be kept in it's place really seeing as it's virtually intact and complete with engine house, lodge and chimney!
Yes it's comming down, spoke to a workman on Monday, he told me the asbestos team were in at the moment. Chimney is planned for controlled demolished in about 6weeks

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/93016/eyesore-mill-to-be-demolished

I'd say if they have given up trying to save Hartford, Durban should be kept in it's place really seeing as it's virtually intact and complete with engine house, lodge and chimney!

This is Oldham Council you're talking about, you'd be more likely to get Hitler to save a black, gay Jew with Polish blood rather than get the Oldham Council planners to even think about saving some of the town heritage :wanker

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes it's comming down, spoke to a workman on Monday, he told me the asbestos team were in at the moment. Chimney is planned for controlled demolished in about 6weeks
Locals who live in close proximity to the mill have been informed that the chimney is coming down on Sunday 24 September if all goes according to plan