real time web analytics
Video Report - - Durham Baths July 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Durham Baths July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a bit of a road trip last month up to Scotland and visiting a few places on the way, and this was a great start to the trip! The place is by far one of the coolest places I've seen, and most of the graffiti actually improves it. Entry was a bit dodge but a laugh. The place was closed in 2008 and is now absolutely trashed, but I like it like that, would be pretty boring to have just seen a bog standard swimming pool.

Some history (lifted from another forum)

John Wilfred Green designed and engineered the build that was officially opened in 1932 at a cost of around £31,500. Separate entrances were provided for men and women, with a ticket office between. The entrances led to separate waiting halls, where doors opened onto the first and second class Slipper bath corridors and Bath Halls. The Building was closed in July 2008 when the close by Freeman’s Quay Leisure Centre opened. There was plans for the building to be demolished for Housing plans however due to the state of the ecomony, plans fell through and it has been left to slowly rot away.

Gingerbold

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool vid I have been living just outside Durham for the last ten year and didn't even no this and Durham palladium existed until I came on here ha is it hard to get in? Am not the greatest of climbers

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great video again!! Love these videos! Looks a cool place, the traffic cones add a certain something to that pool :)

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A reckon Al get my chunky but through that hole no bother

Haha apparently I've been told since then there's a much easier way to get in, you just have to look harder.

Great video again!! Love these videos! Looks a cool place, the traffic cones add a certain something to that pool :)

Cheers matey! Yeah looks cool, I reckon the vandalism in this place actually makes it look better to my eyes, more interesting anyways.

Gingerbold

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah went on Tuesday morning climbed up the wall and (removed) ha so going back on Sunday with me pal, took some pics but don't no how to upload them on here so just put them on my instagram

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingerbold

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just been toneet was a good explore especially crouching in them tunnels in the dark

MissAnthrope

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went tonight, seems well sealed off but got over a wall to where there's some low windows but again all boarded up. Gonna go back in daylight for a nosey round. Was some kids hanging round probably just to wreck it so was a bit put off.

BoroLad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If your having trouble getting into Durham Baths I think you may need to re think UrbEx as a hobby...

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If your having trouble getting into Durham Baths I think you may need to re think UrbEx as a hobby...

Quite agree it was pretty dire when i went about 4 or 5 years ago still i suppose while its still there people will be curious and want to see it regardless.

BoroLad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quite agree it was pretty dire when i went about 4 or 5 years ago still i suppose while its still there people will be curious and want to see it regardless.
If you like shitholes its a perfect explore...

Clarkeson

28DL Member
28DL Member
Metal fence around the entrance everybody used to use. There's no other entrance onto the site other than that and it's a tricky climb.