real time web analytics
Report - - Durham Palladium Cinema. August 2014 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Durham Palladium Cinema. August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
loving that window shot!

caked in pigeon poooop though, bet that was a slippy day

good work sir :thumb:

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
there is quite a lot of stuff left than I was expecting when clicking on topic, shame its over trashed.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We've been in there a few times and managed to get the lights on each time, but on our last visit they didn't seem to want to come on :(

Didnt even bother trying it TBH It"d only interfere with my Light Painting, and in my exp" electricity & water don"t mix especially when you"re stood in inches of wet porridge like conductive mush :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
loving that window shot!

Cheers babe :)

Hard to make out whats what in the Crap dept" in here TBH it"s all wet mush that stinks & sticks to your boots :)

Don"t remember seeing many Flying Rats TBH, i think Bat"s would have a hard time flying round inside here lol

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These are the best ive seen from here and superbly lit too. When i went my pics didnt come out well at all so didnt bother to post may have to go back and try a little harder. Once again great pics in a difficult situation.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These are the best ive seen from here and superbly lit too. When i went my pics didnt come out well at all so didnt bother to post may have to go back and try a little harder. Once again great pics in a difficult situation.

Ta very much Dave :)

That"s what happens with a 850 Lumens Lenser Head Torch :D

Although that said it"s far too easy to blow the Highlights Sky High on any reflective surfaces or in the Palladiums case low hanging roof sections :rolleyes:

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Mate, thats one of the best looking cinemas I have ever seen. Love the old equipment and the historic feel yoir pictures bring to the report.

The Lone Shadow

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Mate, thats one of the best looking cinemas I have ever seen. Love the old equipment and the historic feel yoir pictures bring to the report.

The Lone Shadow

Thanks very much mate :)

I think it"s impressive (even in the state it"s in at present) mainly due to the fact of the projection equipment and the fact so much of the original features still exist....admittedly hidden in the dark & behind panels & old wallpaper & drapes.

Well worth a trip before it goes if you"re in the area. I just wish i"d had more time in here :(

blossie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
loving that window shot!

Beautiful 30's stained glass window - would be nice if it could be recycled if they demolish the building.

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice shots there mate!

That place looks fucked, its best days long behind it

And that projector looks awesome, never seen a shot of one like that before

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice shots there mate!

That place looks fucked, its best days long behind it

And that projector looks awesome, never seen a shot of one like that before

Cheers mate, It actually looks better in the pics, and you don"t get the experience of cracking floorboards underfoot lol

ABIGAIL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers mate, It actually looks better in the pics, and you don"t get the experience of cracking floorboards underfoot lol

Your photos are insane me and my friend attempted to get in but found it a struggle by any chance could you give us some tips on getting in?:-)

Last edited by a moderator:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your photos are insane me and my friend attempted to get in but found it a struggle by any chance could you give us some tips on getting in?:-)

"Insane" why"s that ?

Er....struggle ....that"s what we did, but bare in mind that was over a year ago & things sometimes change on a daily basis.

Plus i wouldn"t give access details on a Public viewable Forum, for what should be obvious reasons ( if not read the "New Members" sections) nor should you ask for this information.

Just remember to take good lighting with you as there"s nothing worse than badly lit pictures from here, although these seem to cover most of the reports of it ;)