real time web analytics
Report - - Dyson Thermal Technologies - Sheffield - Jan 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dyson Thermal Technologies - Sheffield - Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Elephant Eyelash

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So here goes! it's my first report so go easy on me :eek:

Probably didn't make the most of what this place has to offer majority of pics are shot from the outside, little bit nervous/rushed but i suppose thats expected for your first trip out, noticed a few other reports on here regarding this place gutted i didn't manage to photograph the control room, A bit gutted i didn't explore inside the buildings a little more :banghead

Would love to know your thoughts/critique and advice for the future :Not Worthy

HISTORY

Founded by John Dyson

John began mining clay and making bricks in the early 1800s and from its inception the business prospered. The 1834 Sheffield trade directory lists - “John Dyson - Brick Maker, Stanningtonâ€￾ which indicates that he ran the business on his own. However, by 1838 the business was listed as “John Dyson and Son - Black clay miners and firebrick manufacturers, Griffs House, Stannington. The son referred to was John his eldest son

Dyson's where manufacturers of Refractory material, ceramics for the steel industry, they also produce firebacks and other household ceramic bricks for the likes of Aga's etc. They have also been know to sell clay for use in Well Dressings.

Dyson Thermal Technologies - Sheffield - Jan 2012

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Few more Pics on my website if you fancy a butchers

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details