real time web analytics
Report - - E & R Polymers Feb 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - E & R Polymers Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Found this site after wandering around an industrial estate in Tanfield one afternoon. The building is absolutely huge and surrounded by active sites.
Research has not revealed much, but I did find an article saying that the companies Volcrepe Ltd and St Albans Rubber merged during 2002 to form E & R Polymers, a rubber and plastic manufacturers.
A calendar found in one of the offices was dated 2007, but the most recently dated document I could find was a note dated 2009.

Access was originally meant to be fairly straightforward, but was made a tad more difficult due to the fact that our date of visiting seemed to coincide with a car boot sale on the site : /
I also managed to rip the entire lower section of my jeans on a rusty nail, leaving me wandering around with my newly-styled "cut off trousers" flapping around. My companion for the morning found this highly amusing, but I musted up some dignity by tying a hairband around myleg (to keep out the draught) and persevered on.

One extremely tall room on the factory floor was "pigeon paradise", which made for some eerie echoes and noises, but we got used to them flying around you and sometimes at you, after a while. The building and offices were emptied, and evidence lay of copper thieves having been there, but I quite enjoyed my morning's explore regardless of the 'fashion disaster' occurence..

099.jpg

106.jpg

108.jpg

088.jpg

082.jpg

081.jpg

077.jpg

072.jpg

026.jpg

070.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg