real time web analytics
Report - - Earl's Court Exhibition centre, London, - October 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Earl's Court Exhibition centre, London, - October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

takumi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Earls Court Exhibition Centre is a closed exhibition, conference and events venue in London that originally opened in 1887 and was rebuilt in 1937 in its most recent art deco style exterior. It is located in Earls Court within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and was the largest such venue within central London.

Earls Court is widely known for serving as London's premier exhibition hall for many decades, hosting the Royal Tournament and Earls Court Motor Show, Ideal Home Show, the Brit Awards (until 2010) and a number of other notable events and concerts.

In 2013 controversial plans to demolish Earls Court were approved in order to make way for a new residential and retail estate on the site.

A recent article states that the roof has just been lowered, looks like i made it by a couple of weeks.

Earl's Court is one of the big sites in London which has not been demolished yet. It seems like nobody on here has been in for a while, so I wondered what it was like now. Nothing that represents Earl's Court remains (except for some TVs and wires in the basement), the whole site is ripped apart. On the bright side, there was no graffiti or vandalism.

The explore took two attempts, the first we were caught by secc and on site police immediately showed up. It would honestly take 2 days to explore the whole place - its massive. Sorry for quality of pics, they were are stills taken from a video.
Thanks for reading

side view of the building
9YiqH7r.png

main entrance
MNNciHG.png

fUUnWfm.jpg

FzkbKAv.png

Climbing onto roof, arena can be seen below
NlZeMsH.jpg

juJ7eov.jpg

U8SisU3.png

J55jjfE.png

xTewxgU.jpg

RSDVbMi.jpg

Attachments

• 9YiqH7r.png
    9YiqH7r.png
    890.6 KB · Views: 73
  • MNNciHG.png
    MNNciHG.png
    855.8 KB · Views: 33
  • fUUnWfm.jpg
    fUUnWfm.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 30
  • FzkbKAv.png
    FzkbKAv.png
    802.8 KB · Views: 27
  • NlZeMsH.jpg
    NlZeMsH.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 35
  • juJ7eov.jpg
    juJ7eov.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 28
  • U8SisU3.png
    U8SisU3.png
    718.6 KB · Views: 28
  • J55jjfE.png
    J55jjfE.png
    740.6 KB · Views: 23
  • xTewxgU.jpg
    xTewxgU.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
Looks like construction is well underway there :(
The remaining steelwork still makes a decent climb, thanks for sharing!

takumi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just wanna know, could one simply walk into Earl's Court?
apart from scaling a 4m wall, there is one simple way in (HINT-TESCOS).
First time I was fine, but second time round there was a security cabin facing directly down the passage and police were called immediately.

JustElijah

28DL Member
28DL Member
apart from scaling a 4m wall, there is one simple way in (HINT-TESCOS).
First time I was fine, but second time round there was a security cabin facing directly down the passage and police were called immediately.
Cool. Scaling walls shouldn't be too much out of my capabilities, but if security don't sleep on the job, this seems like a bit of a myth. Cheers man.