real time web analytics
Report - - Easington Colliery Schools - May 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Easington Colliery Schools - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Easington Colliery Primary School was built in 1911-13 to accommodate the growing number of children in the booming mining town. The school consisted of two identical buildings separated by two yards with a dividing wall. One building was for boys and the other for girls. The lower floor of each building was for infants and the top floor for seniors.
The school could accommodate 1,296 children. Built by architects J Morson of Durham in the Baroque style it cost £21,000 to build. The buildings served their purpose until their closure in the late 1990s. Since then the site was acquired by a development company who applied for planning permission to build 39 homes. English Heritage opposed the plan and achieved listed building status, resulting in the buildings standing empty and falling into decay ever since

The Visit - I have got to say I have never seen so much bird crap and dead birds in my life the place was riddled with them and nature has defiantly taken its course on both buildings over the years inside and out. I apologise in advance as it is photo heavy but I couldn't stop taking photos.

DSC_0003_zpszpmlhqdr.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsfumwu1ik.jpg

DSC_0026_zpsl0dfxg47.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsq921o5vv.jpg

DSC_0052_zpselwlcdh7.jpg

DSC_0053_zpsshyetx32.jpg

DSC_0092_zps6qljnfxb.jpg

DSC_0095_zpssqxrczyy.jpg

DSC_0097_zpsx5bz6zft.jpg

DSC_0098_zpscnj65i5f.jpg

DSC_0102_zpstlqh354m.jpg

DSC_0128_zpshyjmz9rg.jpg

DSC_0132_zpskuthlx0q.jpg

DSC_0160_zps9qe2hqqf.jpg

DSC_0164_zpslx4r0bu9.jpg

DSC_0200_zps0m9yorz4.jpg

DSC_0219_zpskwkxy1av.jpg

DSC_0224_zpspb2pb9gz.jpg

DSC_0229_zpsovyulf6h.jpg

DSC_0259_zps55qsfxac.jpg

DSC_0275_zpswamqsjmi.jpg

DSC_0280_zpsibzc4jut.jpg

Visited With @dubgav14 & @AR_UK
Thanks for looking, Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It"s well F@cked ain"t it
I was surprised to see it still standing when i called in the other week, was the ladder i left still up into the tower of pigeon crap ? it certainly wasn"t worth kneeling though that lot to get onto the roof :eek:

It"s a shadow of it"s former self from last year, but considering it was supposed to be demo"d by now that"s no surprise. It"s weird that the Girls School is now the better of the 2 buildings as it was the other way round before. And it"s a darn sight easier to access now, even easy for some on here......possibly.....once they ask for details ;)

Did you eat the Apple though ?

I see the Pubs gone along with the Working Mens Club & the Council Buildings already being built on, looks like they got bored after the Azzy removal & left it to the locals.

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's in a right state man, full of decayed pidgin poop and carcasses
The ladder was still there aye! Although I think the wind has blown a lot of the overflow of crap onto your ladders xD
Haha, access isn't so difficult but if they want to know they do need to PM for details (;
The apple? No but I did lick that baby clean and rested it back from which it came for the next person
That's true!