Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - East Durham College, Peterlee (Peterlee College) | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - East Durham College, Peterlee (Peterlee College)

xm657

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=amersham+crescent+peterlee&sll=54.760163,-1.346662&sspn=0.002891,0.006909&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=54.760361,-1.338154&spn=0.001445,0.003455&z=18&iwloc=A

A new campus was built near by and this is close, due to be demolished although there is a library within the building that is still open. Anyone checked it out?
I thought the old college had been totalled now. Honestly dont know, worth a look if your passing though.

dommy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi there, I am new to the forum and from Peterlee. According to some rumours, the old college site will be replaced by a supermarket, such as Sainsbury's.

The library as far as I know is remaining where it is.

The old college building is still there, periodically staff enter the building, obviously still collecting odd bits and pieces. There is a barrier that closes the college section from the library entrance, so I am unsure how the building would be entered.

dommy

28DL Member
28DL Member
There was a fire in the empty college building. Yobs had broken into an side room of the building and set fire to paper and rubbish that they had stacked up

I thought this would eventually happen. Bored kids on summer holidays and a empty building.

Peterlee Mail Article

R

Rockcrawler

Everything is still there, old workshops for joinery etc, all the old rooms. Dont how it looks inside now, it wasnt very nice when it was open!

R

Rockcrawler

u live in peterlee? Yea its a massive hole
Yeah, I drove past the college 2 days in a row last week (fri and sat) and it was open :S and there were cars in the car park. Do you also live in Peterlee?