real time web analytics
Report - - East Finchley Substation, London – July 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - East Finchley Substation, London – July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

elliot5200

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A nice local explore which I’ve had my eye on for about a year. Never really fancied the palisade access but when I noticed fresh graffiti scrawled on the outside, thought it’d be rude not to, so popped down with The Raw and extreme_ironing.

I was always intrigued walking past this place as it’s situated directly over where the Northern line enters the tunnel, so there was always potential it was LU property. And that suspicion was confirmed once inside (although it did have a broken ‘UNDER OFFER’ sign outside so it’s decommissioned! :thumb)

Oh, and I almost lost a thumb getting over that damn palisade :mad

On the ground floor, the transformers and signal equipment had all been stripped but you could get a good sense of the original layout with the rows of shelves and old signs.
Lots of evidence of drug-fuelled raves on the top floor with CRACK DEN graffiti’d over the main door.
Couldn’t get to the basements as they were flooded but wellies will do the job if anyone wants to try them.
Then made our way to the side building to do some trainspotting and I’ve never crawled through so much pigeon shit :rolleyes:

Lighting + tripod, dodgy as hell, as usual :rolleyes:

Couldn’t find much info but seems to have closed around 2005. It’s in an optimal location: right opposite the millionaire’s row that is Bishop’s Avenue but because of a dispute over green space, is still lying empty.

IMG_7303_zps280fab9c.jpg

IMG_7310_zps2f698e89.jpg

IMG_7312_zps81d0b779.jpg

IMG_7314_zps1079da36.jpg

IMG_7316_zps68df8156.jpg

A peculiar little piece of artwork: a CD rack with crushed cans on every shelf.

IMG_7318_zpsd4310b27.jpg

IMG_7322_zpscd555679.jpg

IMG_7324_zps1e823004.jpg

IMG_7333_zpsf8ad5da9.jpg

IMG_7351_zps49c121e8.jpg

IMG_7356_zps10ca56e9.jpg

IMG_7372_zps124bf6f9.jpg

IMG_7373_zpsb03e5969.jpg

IMG_7379_zps137ea79e.jpg

IMG_7393_zpsa05190e3.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
Closest I've come to contracting Pigeon Lung this place, some interesting bits n pieces in there though :thumb

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing i passed through the station yesterday (on the train that is) i didnt notice this place must have dozed off at that point i take it it is visible from the train. Love the signage enjoyed this good work.

elliot5200

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah, it's visible about 10 seconds after you come out of the tunnel (northbound). Watch out for the pigeons sticking their heads out the window to get some fresh air :thumb

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, it's visible about 10 seconds after you come out of the tunnel (northbound). Watch out for the pigeons sticking their heads out the window to get some fresh air :thumb

Cheers for that mate i,ll have a look next time i pass through.

pauln

too old to be reckless
28DL Full Member
Good one. I've walked past here loads of times and wondered what the inside was like.