real time web analytics
Report - - East Fortune Hospital, Scotland, 8/04/09 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - East Fortune Hospital, Scotland, 8/04/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Capn_Polyester

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report so sorry for anything wrong :)

Went out to east fortune hospital today, it's a huge site with numerous ward buildings and a lovely plant room.

East Fortune Hospital was opened as a tuberculosis sanatorium for the south east of Scotland in 1922 when a World War I naval airship station at Drem, East Lothian, was converted into a hospital. For the duration of World War II the patients were accommodated in a hutted annexe at Bangour Hospital. East Fortune Hospital became part of the Board of Management of East Lothian Hospitals in 1948. In 1956 as tuberculosis patients began to decrease in number, mentally handicapped children were admitted, followed by adults three years later. The hospital became part of the North Lothian District of Lothian Health Board in 1974 and was closed in 1997 following the transfer of patients to Roodlands Hospital in Haddington.

The naval airstrip is now the location of the National Museum of Flight making for a complete fun day out :)

Wards
External.jpg

External2.jpg

chairs.jpg

Some of the fine reading material
NewKids.jpg

Central Kitchen
Kitchen.jpg

Bike.jpg

peelingwallpaper.jpg

brokenwheelchair.jpg

back of the incinerator building
incinerator.jpg

top of the incinerators
topofincinerators.jpg

This panel was huge
Dials.jpg

celing2.jpg

I stupidly ran out of camera batteries because I had forgotten to bring spares. I'm still a noob :D There's lots more to see at this lovely site