real time web analytics
Question - - East Goscote / Leicestershire / Tunnel System? | Underground Sites | Page 11 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - East Goscote / Leicestershire / Tunnel System?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dick van dyke

28DL Member
28DL Member
There are entrances if you can get to them. There is one in the grounds of Beadles golf course. In the overgrown area next to the train lines close to the bridge where the road from the Gate Hangs Well to the Goscote Roundabout. It is a brick built structure with a covered doorway with steps down. I haven't seen the others but I have been told there is also an entrance on Broome lane opposite the pumping station in the heavily overgrown area that backs onto Beedles golf club entrance. The original entrance has crumbled but I could see there was something there. Please give it a look. I would love somebody to report back on findings.
Lastly, rumour of an entrance in the cellar of the Plough? Not convinced.

Seanbaker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I spoke to a old land lord of the pub. Say he thinks something was there before. There is a entrance for council apparently in the well known hump in the school apparently they have to do serves.

kevbleicester

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK so I've joined to give you guys the knowledge/ story that told to me a few years ago. I've lived on East Goscote and live not too far away. I was once talking to a structural engineer that was one of Jelsons engineer when they purchased the site from the MOD. When I told him where I lived his reply was " WOW! you're brave". He then went on to tell me about how he had been along the old train line that went underneath East Goscote, and that he wouldn't live anywhere near the place due the fact of what he saw when he was down there.
Thankyou for that info. I have explored around there and lots of stories. All around the mound etc. I have heard of the tunnels and now and again entrances collapse with age etc. Filled up again now and then. A Councillor once told me the mound was so big it was filled in of left alone because of it. Could you walk in the tunnels around the site?, I have been told some openings are in gardens or near the playing fields. Certainly an interesting one with history. Thanks KB

Seanbaker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure it'. Tbf I just no for certain what was in my other half's grandads garden. Have you looked up the cjd outbreak that happened in Queniborough.. Soil was transported from the depot to there and another part of country. Both places had oudbreaks of mad cow disease. I went down a rabbit hole of info.

kevbleicester

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember the out break a long time ago. Certainly something to think about. It does make one wonder what can go in bombs and things to get rid of. As time has shown over and over again, it's then someone else's issue. But then who would admit or even think of such a thing hmmm.

Who has read this thread (Total: 381) View details