real time web analytics
Question - - East Goscote / Leicestershire / Tunnel System? | Underground Sites | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - East Goscote / Leicestershire / Tunnel System?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Prometheus_onex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Regarding the location of the two entrances to the 'Mounds' I can locate them both to within a pin degree of accuracy on the ground :) .. and regarding the tunnels beneath the village, I wrote a post earlier that as a secondary school nipper attending Wreake Valley College I spent many of my breaks in their library where I came across a cardboard box file containing the maps for the tunnels. I then rode my bike around the village and located at least six entrances and still retain a memory map of the tunnel routes. I have been wondering for far too many years if the school librarian has retained these valuable documents.. it would be unbelievable that such a person would ever dispose of them.. sadly I'm living far away to pay a visit to the school to see if I could persuade the Principal & current Librarian to take a look at their shelves.. but I could make a phone call. if this would help. Alternatively, do we know anyone who has a student attending the school today that we could ask.. ?

Can you share some of the locations, I know of 4.
Loves on the village 25 years now and still can’t get in.

Prometheus_onex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where are the four locations that you know of? I don’t even know of one
The two on the mound. Behind the slide and the hill at the back. They were the in and out. The plough has access and and tunnel I found but was blocked once I was inside.

CCJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where abouts was the tunnel you found? What about the entrance at the plough, is it located outside if so where?
Sorry for all the questions but your the first person I have spoken to about it who knows the information I have been searching for.

Last edited:

Prometheus_onex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where abouts was the tunnel you found? What about the entrance at the plough, is it located outside if so where?
Sorry for all the questions but your the first person I have spoken to about it who knows the information I have been searching for.

Entrance at the plough is inside, tunnel entrance is on the shrubbery area. Don’t really know how else to describe it and the tunnel that I have no access to I cannot say on here as last time it was found there were a lot of police called and forensics.

buttercupbabe078

28DL Member
28DL Member
Having grown up in Goscote and still having family there, this is something that has always fascinated me. While I agree that I don't think there is any chance that the tunnels (if the exist) will ever be opened or I don't think they will give us the exact location of the entrances, this is part of East Goscotes history. It would be good if they were a bit more open about it and told us about the actual history. Its going to sound like a stupid question and I apologise if it has already been covered but has anyone approached Jealsons?
Also there is a couple of other spots on the village that don't make sense as to why they have been built that way.

pduk2448

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having grown up in Goscote and still having family there, this is something that has always fascinated me. While I agree that I don't think there is any chance that the tunnels (if the exist) will ever be opened or I don't think they will give us the exact location of the entrances, this is part of East Goscotes history. It would be good if they were a bit more open about it and told us about the actual history. Its going to sound like a stupid question and I apologise if it has already been covered but has anyone approached Jealsons?
Also there is a couple of other spots on the village that don't make sense as to why they have been built that way.
Which bits of the village seam out of place?

Seanbaker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd love to .bin asking for ages.i heard some a few years ago had footing dug out in a garden found something to.my wife's grandad bought the extra land and found it and counsil came had a look they had to lift the concrete lid off with engine winch.

Seanbaker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also his land backs onto train lines what he bought this could have been hatch some one referee as.on the way to Melton at train line.

Prometheus_onex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd love to .bin asking for ages.i heard some a few years ago had footing dug out in a garden found something to.my wife's grandad bought the extra land and found it and counsil came had a look they had to lift the concrete lid off with engine winch.

Damn, that’s a shame. He won’t let you look?

Who has read this thread (Total: 381) View details