real time web analytics
East Midlands Explorers | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

East Midlands Explorers

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
please tell me you have the correct equipment to be able to take people down into mines with you

I have been in quite a few different mines myself now (have a look at some of my reports) and don't do anything stupidly dangerous. The only equipment I don't have is an Air detector as I stay away from anything that has a history of bad air - I can't do SRT so most places have been visited many times before.

My 10 year old brother enjoyed Wapping mine very much.

OLD FOX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey everyone.

I'm fairly new to this site and wanted to say hey.

I was hoping to meet some likeminded people in the East Midlands that are up for some group explores. I spend my time between Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire. I drive so I'm up for travel.

Would be awesome to chat to you :)

Kerzy
I know some old mines in the area if you have any interest in those.

OLD FOX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Theres some nice easy ones around Matlock for beginners. Wapping joins on to Cumberland cavern which was visited by queen victoria at some point.
Always around Matlock exploring at the moment are these places easy to find did my first residential place today at taxal lodge at Whaley bridge that's a great place to explore

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
Always around Matlock exploring at the moment are these places easy to find did my first residential place today at taxal lodge at Whaley bridge that's a great place to explore

Very easy to find. Theres a well trodden path up to most of them.

OLD FOX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok thanks been looking on internet finding places for next outing found a few interesting places

Lee1986

28DL Member
28DL Member
If you could let me know anything more
I walked for over a hour in the islip mine it is like a maze the oxygen level was fine very cold on low level. If you are going to visit this plz do not go alone an take a very bright torch.

Gsxrwayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm local to Derbyshire and would like to meet up for some exploring so don't have to go solo none of my friends are interested in this haha there loss

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details