Web
Analytics
Report - - Eastend house, Lanarkshire - September 2015 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Eastend house, Lanarkshire - September 2015

thisizgrant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First visit to this stunning 16th century mansion. The mansion sits upon the grounds of the Carmichael estate surrounded by beautiful over grown land. The 37 room estate house was once home to the polish army during the Second World War. From what I can see there are two parts to the house one being an older part and another looking like a modern day extension maybe servants quarters? The remoteness of this estate means it is not staffed with security and has had little vandalism. It would be a real shame to watch this beautiful deliect location be vandalized and looted.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

dweeb

Super Moderator
Regular User
Superb, looks in a better state than most of the ones I've visited lately!

Deblah83

28DL Member
28DL Member
was here last week and some of it seems like suffered lot in just couple of months, chair in your pic has been thrown down the main stairs and cans laying all over. nice place though would be stunning back when was lived in

Orla

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi I'm doing a photo-shoot for my photography course and was just wonder where the location is of the house and if you have any contact details, so i could get in touch with the owner.
Regards, Orla G-K.

ScoobySnacks79

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi I'm doing a photo-shoot for my photography course and was just wonder where the location is of the house and if you have any contact details, so i could get in touch with the owner.
Regards, Orla G-K.
The owners are the Carmichaels of Carmichael. Google the Carmichael estate for contact details. Sadly the house is in such poor repair that it is very dangerous. They will not allow anyone to enter, for their own safety and for the safety of the building. Anyone entering will be reported to the police for trespass, as all doors and windows are boarded so damage must occur to gain access. There is CCTV in place with motion sensors.

I'm sorry I can't be more positive, but please don't try and access the house as it really is horribly dangerous, between rotting floors (some have already collapsed, some are on the point of doing so) and decaying stairways you are likely to do yourself an injury.