real time web analytics
Report - - Eastmoor Approved School, Leeds July 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Eastmoor Approved School, Leeds July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

YamYamSeeker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
While visiting Leeds for a weekend away I thought it would be rude not to visit at least one site for an explore.
After a little research we came across this place, Eastmoor School. On arrival you notice the stunning brickwork of the buildings straight away.

After a little walk around scouting the place out we had found a couple of houses in the grounds that were being lived in and also the young offenders prison at the back of the site. With these in mind and the place seeming very secure we were about to give up and walk away, we then stumbled upon an entrance into the buildings.

Once inside it was a lot brighter than I thought as the back windows and doors weren't boarded up. The building was in a square with a courtyard/playground in the centre. We explored the downstairs of the first side before venturing upstairs, the floors upstairs were a touch rotten so we carefully navigated our way around and got back down as soon as possible. We then went into the courtyard and into the block to our left, we worked out it was changing rooms but we heard voices so exited that part of the building very quickly. I regret doing this now as I have a feeling that was the swimming pool area. We continued around the square finding nothing major as most of the place is trashed, we couldn't get upstairs as the floors were to far gone in the other sides of the square.

With that we exited and went over to the chapel which was impossible to gain entry. so we walked around and took a few exterior shots and then departed for our weekend in Leeds.

History -

The complex first opened in 1857 and was known as The Leeds Reformatory School for Boys. Over the years more buildings were added to the complex as the need for more spaces grew. A name change happened in 1933 and it was then called Eastmoor School until the mid 90s. In the late 90s Leeds Uni took on the lease and used it as student accommodation up till its last day in 2003. It has been abandoned since then and some of the ground as been used to build a young offenders unit on the back of the school.

If you want to see more photos please visit my Instagram @Lost_SoulPhotography

image_zpsfvshxjca.jpg

image_zpsipnqar1f.jpg

image_zpszsrzivso.jpg

image_zpssjy1ybv7.jpg

image_zps9jiqdh7b.jpg

image_zpsszpgidi1.jpg

image_zpsuwhayecl.jpg

image_zps878bokpn.jpg

image_zpsrs5xbezh.jpg

image_zpsk3pokx26.jpg

image_zpsvuwh6is6.jpg

Submarine

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice! No security there? Been twice in the past couple of months only to be thwarted.

Slickmick

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi anybody know if it as been demolished yet. I was there in the mid fitted. I would like to see it before I curl my toes up.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always had attentive locals & secca when i"d visited/ Last time i called in they had 360s ripping some of the buildings down. I"d expected it to be leveled by now ....thanks for the update.

Glen Miller-paul Redfearn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I lived here when i was 17 it looked a lot better then mind you and the pool was always nice to swim in pulled a lot of it down now
brings back good and bad memories thanks for sharing

Jordan Edward Parker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know whether this place is still available to explore, or has it been demolished yet? I was very interested in seeing the dentists room.

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Still there half was demolished about 5/6 years ago .main building, church and dentist still there impossible to get in dentist though . I have a perfect and easy entrance if you want to know . Been here about 15 times been in all building ( most gone ) only the dentist has been in successful

Jordan Edward Parker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I'd definitely be interested. I'm relatively new to Urban Exploring, I've only been I about 6 places, so any help would be greatly appreciated. And when you say the dentists is impossible to get to, what exactly do you mean? Hard or completely blocked off?

Gr33nMachin3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this still urbex, im not far, im gonna take a drive, well im an hour or so away, but ill not bother if its now levelled or something

Babs20

28DL Member
28DL Member
Still there half was demolished about 5/6 years ago .main building, church and dentist still there impossible to get in dentist though . I have a perfect and easy entrance if you want to know . Been here about 15 times been in all building ( most gone ) only the dentist has been in successful
Hiya can you let me know how to access the courtyard? I went there today and I just couldn't find a way in :(