real time web analytics
Question - - Easy London Rooftops | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Easy London Rooftops

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LDNMKS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey
I'm new to all this and I was wondering if anyone knows of any smallish buildings in London where you can quite easily get on the roof. Me and a mate are looking for something not too extreme and dangerous, just a bit of fun where we can get some photos. Maybe one day we can move onto the bigger buildings. BTW we don't want to go in any creepy abandoned buildings etc. Also hopefully without a security presence, we dont fancy getting into trouble this early on.

Cheers

P.S. we aren't amazing climbers and dont want any daring climbs. I know this is gonna be a very tame climb if there is one!

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
99% of climbing buildings doesn't actually involve climbing. If you can walk up stairs or ascend a ladder then youre good. Maybe there's a fence to go over/under but for the most part there's always some form of security in London. Nature of the beast. To be honest the biggest obstacle with rooftopping construction sites is finding a time when they're not actually working, a lot of the newer sites seem to work through the night.

A consequence of the abundance of Instagram and youtube posts on rooftopping in London has lead to much more complex security measures; guard dogs, sensors, cameras and even electric fences.

Still, it's doable, you just have to prepare to spend a lot of time scoping out sites and putting in some legwork. Go for a walk around and look up.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Also, you are going to get in trouble at some point, it's inevitable. Just don't be a dick and it'll work out fine.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
you could visit the Shard for about £25 :thumb
Or I believe you can also take a trip up sky gardens too and this is free if you book :thumb
Failing that, just go have a crack and see what you can achieve.

LDNMKS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
99% of climbing buildings doesn't actually involve climbing. If you can walk up stairs or ascend a ladder then youre good. Maybe there's a fence to go over/under but for the most part there's always some form of security in London. Nature of the beast. To be honest the biggest obstacle with rooftopping construction sites is finding a time when they're not actually working, a lot of the newer sites seem to work through the night.

A consequence of the abundance of Instagram and youtube posts on rooftopping in London has lead to much more complex security measures; guard dogs, sensors, cameras and even electric fences.

Still, it's doable, you just have to prepare to spend a lot of time scoping out sites and putting in some legwork. Go for a walk around and look up.
thanks for the advice mate, i'll take it in. any idea of what kind of building you should look for or just any with entry points and ways up?

LDNMKS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also, you are going to get in trouble at some point, it's inevitable. Just don't be a dick and it'll work out fine.
yh thanks, I think I can run faster than the average security guard so that helps!

LDNMKS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you could visit the Shard for about £25 :thumb
Or I believe you can also take a trip up sky gardens too and this is free if you book :thumb
Failing that, just go have a crack and see what you can achieve.
thanks mate XD I'll just have a go