Web
Analytics
Report - - Ebridge Mill, July 2011. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Ebridge Mill, July 2011.

The Queen

Super Duper Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
#1
Another old one. I like it here, although it IS a bit PigeonshitVille.

History :-

Ebridge Mill was also sometimes known as North Walsham Mill. The old mill was 5 storeys high and built of red brick with a slate roof. The mill was built over the River Ant, which later became the North Walsham & Dilham Canal.

The mill remained in the ownership of the family within Cubbitt & Walker Ltd from 1869 - 1998 when it was sold to Duffields and subsequently closed.

When the goodwill of the flour milling business was sold to the Millers' Mutual Association in 1966, the milling machinery was broken up leaving the old mill as an ancillary to the new provender mill built alongside.

During the 1800s Ebridge mill was worked in conjunction with the nearby Ebridge towermill on Mill Hill .
The tower mill was producing flour rather than animal feed as it was driving 2 pairs of French burr stones.

Plans for Ebridge Mill

A planning application asking for Ebridge Mill to be converted into mostly residential accommodation has been submitted to North Norfolk District Council.
Farmer Tim Briscoe wants to convert and extend the mill into nine permanent residential units and three holiday units.
The mill lies on the North Walsham to Dilham Canal just outside North Walsham, on the Happisburgh Road.
Mr Briscoe, of Dudwick House, Buxton, has asked the council to vary permission it had earlier granted allowing 12 units of holiday accommodation on the site.
In January 2003 an application to convert the mill into residential accommodation was refused on the grounds that it was located in the countryside, outside any area designated by the council for development.
The five-storey mill, built of red brick with a slate roof, was owned by the Cubitt and Walker family from 1869-1998 when it was sold to WL Duffield and Son and later closed.
The milling machinery was broken up in 1966 and the wheel removed in 1972.
Mr Briscoe declined to comment on his application.
Eastern Daily Press - 20th September 2013
Photos :-

IMG_0109.jpg


IMG_0076.jpg


IMG_0070.jpg


IMG_0063.jpg


IMG_0051.jpg


IMG_0027.jpg


IMG_0014.jpg


IMG_0035-1.jpg


IMG_0034.jpg


IMG_0032.jpg


IMG_0020.jpg


IMG_0018.jpg


IMG_0016-1.jpg


IMG_0008.jpg


IMG_0006.jpg


IMG_0003.jpg


IMG_0053.jpg


IMG_0005.jpg


IMG_0048.jpg


IMG_0017.jpg


IMG_0037.jpg


Thanks :)
 

Similar threads