Report - Ebridge Mill - Norfolk - May 2012

  • Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password


Third Technician
28DL Full Member
Got a new camera a couple of days ago (so no more iphone photos!) and was keen to try it out. After a couple of failed attempts on some other local attractions we decided to check this place out. I know its all been done before but never mind.
We got near and to our dismay saw loads of cars parked up around the mill! There was a small fete across the road! Just found out it was part of the celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of the Act of Parliament which allowed the North Walsham and Dilham Canal to be built. Had a quick look at the stalls, everyone seemed pretty engrossed in this fete and didn’t notice when we slipped away around the side of the mill. Managed to had quite a nice look around the site. Think the best part was finding some documents dating back to 1935.

A little history:-

Ebridge Mill was also sometimes known as North Walsham Mill. The old mill was 5 storeys high and built of red brick with a slate roof.
The mill remained in the ownership of the family within Cubbitt & Walker Ltd from 1869 – 1998 when it was sold to Duffields and subsequently closed.
When the goodwill of the flour milling business was sold to the Millers’ Mutual Association in 1966, the milling machinery was broken up leaving the old mill as an ancillary to the new provender mill built alongside.











Similar threads