Report - Edgebaston House, Birmingham - September 2017

• Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Mar 16, 2015

Edgbaston House
is one of Birmingham's many high rise office blocks.
Construction of the 69m tower cost £1,720,000 and was completed in 1976

It is part of the Duchess Place estate most of which is also derelict and which consists of office blocks totalling 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2).

Tenants of the building include the Islamic Bank of Britain and various medical groups.

The roof commands views across central town and down the Hagley Road to the West. You can see the city one direction, the university clock tower another and looking straight west Edgebaston reservoir and Perrot's Folly - Tolkien's inspiration behind Isengard.

The Explore
My first successful explore alone in quite a long time (small yay) with the help of @jellyfish I got in reasonably quickly and headed to the top to catch a brilliant sun set.

2 weeks later I returned with @clebby T.Hasson and a non-member to find more demolition work had been done to the exterior walls and a big digger on site too.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
May 2, 2016
Made it into this one on numerous occasions over the past month, the latest back on Monday night. Was I not alone? lol.

DSM take control of the site on November 14th so I'll be back a few more times before then, maybe even after. Hope the ridiculous high winds we've been having calm the hell down, as it's not as enjoyable when you're on the roof, although still managed to crack open a beer and take in the views, which I'll upload in time, even though we've had many a report on this place :)

First post!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hi there I went there last night and brand new boards surrounded the place and u can’t get in as there is security there now