real time web analytics
Question - - Edgefield Road/Archer Lane Sheffield culvert carrying part of River Banner | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Edgefield Road/Archer Lane Sheffield culvert carrying part of River Banner

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FoggontheTyne

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm interested in the culvert behind Edgedale Road Sheffield. I believe it runs along behind and above the road through a closed road named Edgefield Road which is part tarmaced, turning into a path. It looks like it carries part of the River Banner system to a major sewer on the Abbeydale Road. Anyone have any knowledge of this culvert? Study attached which identifies the system.

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
hi! this is the first time i have seen anyone bring up the river banner on this forum, and its nice to hear the name
i cannot see the attached study, however i have heard of this culvert
its most likely pretty small and been put in a concrete and yes will most likely have been redirected to the abbeydale road sewer system
the only ways in would probably be manholes in the road, but i doubt it is much to see

FoggontheTyne

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi! this is the first time i have seen anyone bring up the river banner on this forum, and its nice to hear the name
i cannot see the attached study, however i have heard of this culvert
its most likely pretty small and been put in a concrete and yes will most likely have been redirected to the abbeydale road sewer system
the only ways in would probably be manholes in the road, but i doubt it is much to see
Just enquiring in case people have information on it, which you have, thanks, confirming it. I asked because I suspect it might be leaking in view of the unexpected torrents of water our basement sump pump has to dispose of. We are at the bottom of a grit stone edge with thin soil and building spoil uphill of us towards this culvert. It's as though the ground is saturated all the time and wet weather just sets the pump off at once a minute.

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Just enquiring in case people have information on it, which you have, thanks, confirming it. I asked because I suspect it might be leaking in view of the unexpected torrents of water our basement sump pump has to dispose of. We are at the bottom of a grit stone edge with thin soil and building spoil uphill of us towards this culvert. It's as though the ground is saturated all the time and wet weather just sets the pump off at once a minute.
i have a sump like that too
you might be right, there may be a leak if it is an old stone culvert but i doubt that
id suggest calling yorkshire water to come check it out, they will check the culvert as they will know where it all is

FoggontheTyne

28DL Member
28DL Member
I will do that and also look at the plans the Council holds. I will post the study I didn't manage to attach to my first post.

FoggontheTyne

28DL Member
28DL Member
The study I mentioned in my last post.

The-Lost-Rivers-of-Sheffield-river-network-blue-with-culverts-dark-dashed-and.jpg