real time web analytics
Question - - Editing Photos | Photography and Video Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Editing Photos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Well would help if you state what your planning on taking a photo or is it some old ladies abandoned underwear draw ? A house ? A mine ? Baby ducks on a pond ? Or a abandoned fire truck ? Even a general subject would help get you the appropriate person as via mines I ent no help at all. Really lol I am about as useful as a chocolate tea pot with day light stuff :thumb
You never really know what you'll be taking pictures of on explores i guess. You can go from having virtually no light on one floor to perfect natural lighting on others, and who knows what random stuff ends up making a good picture when your in a place. I think most of my favourite shots have been of things as inane as corridors and stairs. Not a fan of photographing peoples possessions personally unless it's something really unusual, I find it intrusive for some reason.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
It is all about personal opinion, D & B underground shots r really good for phone for example but I just looked at this thread this morn &my first thought was this could of been an excellent report with a bit of editing.

I do edit "most" of mine mainly as I enjoy doing it (Im by no means a pro) I generally only straighten or crop lighten & dark & fiddle with clarity etc sometimes to give things an aged look.

You certainly dont need to edit to post but as D & B is proving using a phone in the most difficult conditions that the pics dont need to be utter crap like some we get on here
I think i'll just have to give it a go and see what i end up with. I'm happy with most of the shots i post on here and wouldn't want to edit most of them but there are some where i think playing around with lighting and clarity would improve them.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
As we spoke yesterday about planning are next trip I think it’s important also to no where your going we are of to a mine I have been before and I said to bikinglyn we will take your camera in 6 of the 9 levels as it will be destroyed in the other 3 so preparation also helps in difficult environments and knowledge , lots of mine /cave exploring happens without single photos , we call them reky trips having a proper camera slows you down so much very little can ever be done , this is when we do a return visit just for proper photos I don’t tend to go on these ent my thing but many people love it .

proper cameras and lights edited give you stuff like this

We do multiple visits to places sometimes if their worth it, a visit to sus it out and explore it and another visit to get the shots we want. I agree trying to get pictures can take away from the explore. Haven't even attempted anything major underground yet. We defo want to though when the opportunity arises.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
We do multiple visits to places sometimes if their worth it, a visit to sus it out and explore it and another visit to get the shots we want. I agree trying to get pictures can take away from the explore. Haven't even attempted anything major underground yet. We defo want to though when the opportunity arises.
Proper underground exploring is another level / experience all together , you would want a trip for newbies if this is a serious interest of yours you could probably get on one with speaking to the correct people on here , not many people enjoy taking people around with camera equipment sadly as it’s a very slow progress , it’s when it comes down to are you a explore or running a studio ? It’s a very big difference.

I choose my personal light cost near on £350 but it’s worth every penny at most I spend 5 seconds on 1 picture normally less , taking pictures is kind of my least favourite thing I live to enjoy to moment and the buzz

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Proper underground exploring is another level / experience all together , you would want a trip for newbies if this is a serious interest of yours you could probably get on one with speaking to the correct people on here , not many people enjoy taking people around with camera equipment sadly as it’s a very slow progress , it’s when it comes down to are you a explore or running a studio ? It’s a very big difference.

I choose my personal light cost near on £350 but it’s worth every penny at most I spend 5 seconds on 1 picture normally less , taking pictures is kind of my least favourite thing I live to enjoy to moment and the buzz
We do it for the experience first and foremost, but getting good pictures kind of finishes off the whole thing. Off topic i guess but we are interested in venturing underground, but after mentioning it on here before and reading a lot of the chatter backwards and forwards about it there's a lot to consider. I think the advice around joining a caving/mine exploration club is something we are thinking about rather than rocking up to something unprepared and getting stuck or worse. If a trip for newbies came up we'd jump on that i think, conscious that it's best to get a decent catalog of explores up on here before trying to tag along with anyone, wouldn't expect anyone to have us tagging along if they didn't know whether we were serious about this hobby.