real time web analytics
Report - - EIP Metals, Birmingham, July 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - EIP Metals, Birmingham, July 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
I noticed this old work in passing last year sometime. More recently Paintwab posted a lead and rumour about it so I thought I'd go check it out. Then I discovered on here that Dweeb had visited it 08, unfortunatley his pictures have long since been severed. Derelict-UK also did a visit. Pictures can be seen on his site.

http://web.me.com/photoaddiction/PhotoAddiction/2009_-_2008/Pages/E.I.P._Metals_Ltd.html

It covers a large area with a few interesting features.

A big thanks to the new owners for letting me have a nosey.

In 1991 EIP Metals was formed (Evered Industrial Products) when two other companies were merged with Evered Metals - Barker & Allen and Mapplebeck Metals. Over the next 13 years it became the leading supplier of Quality Copper and Copper Alloy strip products into the UK market.
During the 1990's the service centre business of Charles Harbage was aquired and in 2004 the William West company was also introduced into EIP Metals.
http://www.aurubis.co.uk/index.php?wcId=18&xwcId=1&lang=

ExteriorPB.jpg

elaboratemainentrancePB.jpg

EIPmetalssignPB.jpg

rollingmillsignPB.jpg

WidefactoryfloorshotPB.jpg

flakyyellowpaintPB.jpg

gaspipePB.jpg

LerkPB.jpg

ventPB.jpg

switchPB.jpg

MesupportPB.jpg
BrassPB.jpg

66PB.jpg

workshopPB.jpg

Surgery
surgeryPB.jpg

UrinalsPB.jpg

woodenstairsPB.jpg
WhitesColaPB.jpg

teleshapedthingPB.jpg

Testing equipment and samples
clock60PB.jpg
machinedontaskPB.jpg

Lab
metalsamplesPB.jpg

stairs2PB.jpg

storagelockersPB.jpg

Offices.
OfficesPB.jpg

Came across loads of old ledgers, some written with an old style, as early as the 1930s

oldledgersPB.jpg

accountsPB.jpg

stairsPB.jpg

BoilerPB.jpg

davesd1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I served my apprenticeship at this place when it was Barker and Allen.Wish I had a pound for everytime I went up those wooden staircases(door of death).Remember going into the surgery after dropping a steel cover off a fork lift truck onto my foot.The last but one photo shows the Electricians shop with the foremans office and the last one was of the boiler that heated the offices and was also where the cleaners hung out(tearoom).Happy memories,great bunch of blokes to work with,can't believe the state of the place.No longer live in Brum,is it ear-marked for demolition?P.S Probably knew the bloke who drunk the White's cola.