Web
Analytics
Report - - Ellis house, Surrey - November 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Ellis house, Surrey - November 2017

alain

Cameraphone king
28DL Full Member
My first report so please be kind :D

History

Don't know that much about it really, this is a house which is clearly abandoned sat on a main-ish road. Checking maps there has been a house there since 1895 at least, although I suspect it had been rebuilt in the last c60 years. It was last inhabited in around 1997 when it was sealed up until 2016, when squatters used it for a good few months judging by the amount of empty water bottles, until it was sealed up again. They obviously did this when the squatters were out as all of their belongings are left untouched.

The Explore

Visited with tyla_xx, and a few non-members, we heard it was accessible so went to take a look. hardest part was waiting for a gap in traffic big enough to get over the fence.

Oh, and my pics will all be done with an iPhone for now as I don't fancy breaking me nice camera ;)

Squatters' bed

Then we noticed these scary knives...

And swiftly exited! :eek:

Thanks for reading!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Was the electric on, see the bed has a lead and lamp attached? homeless people sleeping with knives, scary. Have the squatters gone now completely/ Just curious. Its cold out there and I hate the thought of empty derps with power, that could save a life.

alain

Cameraphone king
28DL Full Member
Was the electric on, see the bed has a lead and lamp attached? homeless people sleeping with knives, scary. Have the squatters gone now completely/ Just curious. Its cold out there and I hate the thought of empty derps with power, that could save a life.
From what we could see they had run a cable from the live power coming in to the house (before fuseboard etc) and rigged that up in the room they were staying in... You can see it going down the stairs in first pic. Yeah I think they have gone. There were reciepts etc all from jan/feb '16. Think the place was just sealed up one day when they were out and they haven't been back since... And I'm pretty sure it's sealed up again now.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
From what we could see they had run a cable from the live power coming in to the house (before fuseboard etc) and rigged that up in the room they were staying in... You can see it going down the stairs in first pic. Yeah I think they have gone. There were reciepts etc all from jan/feb '16. Think the place was just sealed up one day when they were out and they haven't been back since... And I'm pretty sure it's sealed up again now.

Its a shame these places get sealed up so tightly at this time of year. I understand the right of the owner to do so. But if damage is done and the place neglected for years, and needs full restoration, why not leave it. Homelesness is a growing problem and these derps could provide some rest-bite over these winter months at least :(

Tyla_xx

28DL Member
28DL Member
Was such a cool and unexpected explore. Sad and unfortunate how vulnerable people are forced to the streets again.
Would love to go have a look again and see if it's sealed up again