Web
Analytics
'Ello from Yurkshire! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

'Ello from Yurkshire!

Kraxous

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, happy to be here.

My name is Joe and I'm 21 years of age. With the purchase of my new DSLR camera (600D for those curious) and as a videographer I'd like to try this photography lark and learn to take some amazing pictures. I'm from Hull in East Yorkshire and I first started "urban exploring" if you can call it that, with a couple of mates heading over to Lordline here in Hull which is an old abandoned office administration building back in the 60s/70s from when Hull used to be a huge fishing port, which it no longer is. :(

I'm always up for meeting up with fellow people in the area who perhaps know of places I don't, or maybe just wanna go on a photography trip together. I do drive so it's quite easy for me to get around if the need arises. I'm also going to list what type of equipment I use below (incl. lenses) since people are bound to want to know what I'm sporting.

The trips I've been on so far is me just getting in to this newly found hobby and also learning the art of photography; just getting in to the swing of things. I understand that Urban Exploring is basically discovering what people have yet to find, and going places people normally wouldn't (possibly a subjective statement?)

So far I've visited, in chronological order:
1. Lordline
2. Manby Hall (RAF Manby)
3. RAF Bempton

Posts are to come soon of what I've documented and found in the coming days.

My equipment list:
• Canon 600D Body
- 18-55mm f3.5 EF-S Lens
- 55-250mm f4 EF-S Lens
• Manfrotto Camera Bag + Tripod
• DJI Mavic Air
• Various accessories for drone and camera

It's a pleasure to be here and I'm looking forward to reading your posts and documenting my own. Please don't hesitate to contact me and have a natter, always keen to learn about other people and what they get up to!

Cheers,
- Joe :cool:

BertieBird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello! I'm from Beverley! :) I currently live in Surrey but in a couple of months I'm moving back to Beverley and will need my exploring fix.

Kraxous

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello! I'm from Beverley! :) I currently live in Surrey but in a couple of months I'm moving back to Beverley and will need my exploring fix.
Fantastic! We'll have to do a meetup. :D

Give us a prod when you're back and after itching that UEX feel.

Kraxous

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to 28DL.

I’d be interested in seeing some recent pics from RAF Bempton if you’ve taken any.
Hi there @Bugsuperstar, nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome.

I went there today actually and only came back about 2 hours ago. The three main entrance ways in to the underground section have unfortunately been cut off so only the surface level structures are accessible.

1. Accessway one was in the main structure with the hot air ventilation chimney sticking out of the top. That now has a large concrete slab over it with a giant metal container which has water inside making it impossible to move.

2. Access point two has been completely sealed in. It was a small emergency exit which I've seen videos of people roping down to gain access to the underground section. There's also, again, a huge concrete slab on top which is shiftable but we was ill equipped to deal with it.

3. Accessway three was (I think) another emergency exit which has two large concrete blocks and a concrete slab stood upright preventing the metal grated door to be opened. In addition, there is a small window that is on the side which only a small child can fit through. Not to mention the stairs have been removed.

It was a disappointing trip out, but maybe when we have more equipment we may attempt it again.

Some of my mates were conscious of the fact we was highly exposed to the people wandering around Bempton Cliffs. They didn't seem too bothered though.

RJ1701

28DL Member
28DL Member
I know this is an old post but im from Beverley if you fancy doing an explore sometime